UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Forum sale dilemma

Old 01-24-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the damage was clear in the advert photos then it's caveat emptor. You're not responsible for whether he's looking at it on a smartphone, a zoetrope or through the bottom of a whisky bottle.

If the damage wasn't clear in the photos and you didn't mention it in the words give him the £40 or his money back... £40 sounds cheap to me as it's scrap.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

could put it on ebay with a reserve and let him post it to the new owner,one on there £300
its worth more than £106 <- the £40>
let him repair it and you pay materials £5?

or as above
Old 01-24-2014, 03:19 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The missing bit is visible, but he did ask if there are any major marks etc.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/106...entre-console/

I've sold a few things where i've not noticed issues and you have to take it on the chin.

Where you've provided detailed pics it's buyers responsibility imo.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a small bit of damage that can be seen when you zoom in. Given that the lid stays shut most of the time and the damage won't be seen what is the fuss about.

Tim S, wtf are you going on about saying it's scrap, it is perfectly useable and is fit for purpose. £40 back is way too much given he chipped you on the price already. £20 is more realistic.

All this is causing me a lot of emotional distress. I need a lie down before I see my shrink. Who do I sue?
Old 01-24-2014, 10:02 PM

I think £40 is fair.

...though if I was the buyer I wouldn't want it as I'd always see that missing bit of plastic everytime I was in the car...and it would really get to bug me.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1.Maybe you can buy the part from Honda to fix it?
2.live with it
3.get a full refund and pay x amount more for a mint one
Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 PM

I think £40 is fair if the damage wasn't pointed out in the listing. It's a sneaky one given the nature of the damage (its on a different plane) and although not obvious I personally wouldn't want this if I'd been in the buyers position and not spotted it had this type of damage until receipt.

With all these situations I think you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes. As others have said blame/fault on both sides. So a decent human being would give that £40 off.

The buyer has also been honest. He could have seen the damage and thought b******! And then significantly damaged another part of item and said "sorry mate but it arrived damage etc..."

So money off or take it back every time in my eyes

*Also good idea putting this topic up for debate.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

The damage is clearly visible in the original for sale thread, you weren't asking a pittance or a fortune, if I were buying any second hand item I'd look very closely at any pictures offered, The buyer obviously didn't and that's not the OP's fault.

I'd offer him the opportunity to send it back, you could check there isn't further damage and give him a refund minus your postage costs as after all it's not your fault he used his phone to look at it.

Or refund him £20 as said above, if you can't be bothered with the hassle.

Then bung it on eBay or back on here stating it has slight damage, forget getting a new door from Honda they only sell an assembly for £250+. If he wants to quibble over a few quid tell him to look at Lings Honda to see how much a new console would cost that's around £1100!

I appreciate you are trying to do the right thing, but the buyer in my opinion is being a bit cheeky.

BTW he would have paid £200-£300 on eBay.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:47 PM

In my opinion you have done nothing wrong, the pic's clearly show the damage and im using a phone with a small screen to view it! I would never buy somthing without looking at it first, but if I didn't look close enough to see the damage and bought it I would take it on the chin and accept its my mistake. The buyer it just trying to get off for not paying attention.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:53 AM

Buyer beware.

The buyer has just as much to blame for unwittingly buying a slightly damaged part and accept that it is fair and reasonable to pay return postage to get a refund.

If the pictures only showed the door shut it would be different.

Quick Reply: Forum sale dilemma