UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which garage for alignment / sus'n bolts check?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which garage for alignment / sus'n bolts check?

Want to get alignment (and suspension adj. bolts) checked before the warranty runs out.

Have 3 options:-
- Known and trusted independent Ford dealer - have a Hunter full-geo machine, cost
Old 06-22-2006, 05:47 AM

None of the above.

Chris Franklin at center gravity. He's mobile but he's based in Leicestershire, so not far from you. He positively encourages you to get involved and see and understand what he's doing, so you can be certain that the alignment is being set to the right settings.

EDIT: I don't have his contact details to hand but here's a link to his website in mytse's signature on here.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 AM

Oh aye? What kit does he have? And any idea on cost???
Old 06-22-2006, 05:53 AM

He's done a number of "alignment meets" for s2ki folk, Martin - a trawl through the Meets forum (since the search seems to be down again ) will give you plenty of pics and feedback.

When I had mine done, it cost
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 AM

Here's the thread for the NW/Mids one at which he did my car - you can see his state-of-the-art rig in it. Very impressive stuff and since it is calibrated before every use, much more accurate than most dealer workshops ones.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=362897

There's a Herts alignment meet in the throes of being arranged. See the top thread in the Meets forum.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with LL

He has a mobile Beissbarth kit as used by McLaren. Get yourself on one of the alignment meets he is involved in.

I doubt the garages will extract the bolts, grease the shafts and torque them back up correctly. Which is actaully what needs to be done to prevent them seizing.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:03 AM

Looks like I'll dig his number out and give him a ring. I might ask how much extra he'd want to do just that Mikey - extract, grease, THEN align, torque. If it's all done in the one stop, I'll be happy enough.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is the way to go and he would be more than happy to do it. Whilst he is in there I would suggest doing the top wishbone bolts as well. Whilst they are not adjusters they are splined and ungreased from the factory so prone to corrosion.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:46 PM
P 1

with all the positive comments about Chris Franklin / Center Gravity.
Absolutely first class service from someone who really knows his stuff, and knows the S2000 suspension inside out.
You can see some pics of the Northern Alignment day and the equipment he uses here.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:42 AM

LL,

Had a look at the Herts meet tomorrow. It looks full, and we've got to be in MK for 5pm, so that's doubly out.

Am going to give him a ring though - he's less than an hour from home, along some nice roads if I go the right way (not sure where he'd set up in my road - poss the drive along the back but his gazebo looks too wide).

Cheers all for the advice,

M.

Quick Reply: Which garage for alignment / sus'n bolts check?