UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

gold members number plate bracket

Old 02-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default gold members number plate bracket

Has anyone seen or have a picture of the S2KI Gold Members number plate braket?

Is this only for US style plates? Cant imagine it would be as its an international club.

Considering signing up, do we get any physical goodies for paying up or is it as listed, use of areas and more web space etc??
Old 02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

They sent me one to see it. It is only for US style plates.

I have fed back to IB that this is S2K INTERNATIONAL and that they need to think about their overseas cousins!! (It's not a club, it's a commercial website and international community)
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Problem is they will just get them printed somewhere in some local reg plate holder shop and they won't have anything other than their own size...
Old 02-17-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by WinFreak
Problem is they will just get them printed somewhere in some local reg plate holder shop and they won't have anything other than their own size...
I thought they were made up in St Quentin and the like.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 AM

Isn't that the plates themselves?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 AM

Oh it didnt say it was for US style only on the page where you select your type of "membership". Id quite like some stickers or decals or tax holder or user card etc for 50 for so bucks would be nice :-). So do we know what the money goes towards at all then? Just being nosey I guess.

all other cummunities ive joined for ownership etc RTOC Sax-P kawasaki owners etc all give you some goodies... I like goodies... my goodies.... that reminds me of a song.....

so we get increased access to "data" and "information" mail box, pictures, fancy user name thingy, more sections of the community, discounts from this sites for sale areas etc .

Do these areas have data and information for UK cars or is it as it is with the plates, mainly all US info, US products etc....

Asking just to weigh the cost vs benefits thats all. I dont doubt there is loads of useful info at all. Just hiw relative and specific it is to me :-) noy intending to cause a big issue. Just asking before I decide to buy or not.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Oh it didnt say it was for US style only on the page where you select your type of "membership". Id quite like some stickers or decals or tax holder or user card etc for 50 for so bucks would be nice :-). So do we know what the money goes towards at all then? Just being nosey I guess.

all other cummunities ive joined for ownership etc RTOC Sax-P kawasaki owners etc all give you some goodies... I like goodies... my goodies.... that reminds me of a song.....

so we get increased access to "data" and "information" mail box, pictures, fancy user name thingy, more sections of the community, discounts from this sites for sale areas etc .

Do these areas have data and information for UK cars or is it as it is with the plates, mainly all US info, US products etc....

Asking just to weigh the cost vs benefits thats all. I dont doubt there is loads of useful info at all. Just hiw relative and specific it is to me :-) noy intending to cause a big issue. Just asking before I decide to buy or not.
S2KI is owned by Internet Brands, it is a commercial venture.

There is S2KUK which is the UK club, you get UK focussed kind of stuff by joining. http://www.s2kuk.com

Read more here:
https://www.s2ki.com/...st__p__12377057

(I purposely have not mentioned the plate holder in the S2KI membership as I think it'll cause more issues if people expect it to fit UK cars!)
Old 02-17-2014, 12:28 PM

I just pay my $20 every year to get rid of the adverts
Old 02-17-2014, 12:56 PM

What Internet brands is it owned by? What do you mean by an internet brand?

I am a paid member of S2KUK. Ive had the card, letter, tax disk holder, sticker and business cards. :-) no uk plate holder though ;-) cmon S2KUK pull your finger out... get with it.... :-)

Is there an alternative option available to those who can not use the US plate holder? Do they simply go without? Its just good to know how we are catered for as you mentioned its a business venture and this is on an international scale. :-)

It appears very political to me... Dont want to tread on anyones toes... if they have toes.... some people dont you know! As a potential paying customer just would like others to let me know how it is :-)
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
They sent me one to see it. It is only for US style plates.

I have fed back to IB that this is S2K INTERNATIONAL and that they need to think about their overseas cousins!! (It's not a club, it's a commercial website and international community)
Do you represent us UK users in relation to the s2ki board or powers that be.....?

Quick Reply: gold members number plate bracket