UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hard Top

Old 08-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Top

Hi,

Owned my S2000 (An MY05) since the spring of 2008, done the Ring, Spa and numerous track days in the UK, however, I have lost the need to always have the roof down. In fact I prefer it with the roof up. - Even better with the Hard Top on!

As usual the Hard Top will go on the car for the winter around the end of October and I'm thinking, Do I ever want to take it off again?

Does anyone else run their S with the Hard Top on all the time or have I just lost the S factor? Also if I leave it on are there any issues that I should consider?

I just love the car every time I drive it. I just wish it was not a convertable. Maybe if the Hard Top cannot be kept on 24/7 then it could be time for a change.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM

I bought mine with the hardtop because i hated convertables, but once i tried it top down i hate having any type of roof on, be it hardtop or softtop. Each to their own though
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 AM

I have my hard top on nearly all of the time!

I take the top off if I plan a nice drive in the country on a hot day though - which to be fair has been quite a few days this year!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 AM

I only use the hard top in the winter months. love open air driving in the sun too much.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM

Be interested to know why you hate the roof down? It is still the same car afterall!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Packman
Hi,

Owned my S2000 (An MY05) since the spring of 2008, done the Ring, Spa and numerous track days in the UK, however, I have lost the need to always have the roof down. In fact I prefer it with the roof up. - Even better with the Hard Top on!

As usual the Hard Top will go on the car for the winter around the end of October and I'm thinking, Do I ever want to take it off again?

Does anyone else run their S with the Hard Top on all the time or have I just lost the S factor? Also if I leave it on are there any issues that I should consider?

I just love the car every time I drive it. I just wish it was not a convertable. Maybe if the Hard Top cannot be kept on 24/7 then it could be time for a change.
I shouldn't imagine it would cause a problem. May need the catches and mounts occasionally tightening an adjusting through enthusiastic driving.

My 05 has likely spent most of it's life with it on and as such the soft top looks nearly brand new even after over 8 years.

I like the hardtop. But I like the option of being able to remove it. I couldn't live with only one or the other but when I make the switch either way I always appreciate the change.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipGB
Originally Posted by Packman' timestamp='1376927109' post='22732513
Hi,

I shouldn't imagine it would cause a problem. May need the catches and mounts occasionally tightening an adjusting through enthusiastic driving.

My 05 has likely spent most of it's life with it on and as such the soft top looks nearly brand new even after over 8 years.

I like the hardtop. But I like the option of being able to remove it. I couldn't live with only one or the other but when I make the switch either way I always appreciate the change.
Exactly the same for me, am already looking forward to putting it on in September but come February I'm itching to take it off again
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 AM

I'm same with the majority, one of the reasons I bought the GT is the option of both worlds. Love the look of the hardtop, looks awesome with the hardtop. Having only owned the car for a month, I took the hardtop off after 2weeks and the car just look simply cool.

With the autumn/winter approaching - hardtop will be going back on and save some space of my balcony too!!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a hardtop when I bought mine, actually the hardtop was the sale factor for the S i bought.

Personally I think the S looks badass with the hardtop on! Absolutely love it, however when the weather got hot and I removed the hardtop I noticed how much the car tranformed without it. The handling felt instantly much lighter, the car felt nimble and generally overall a much nicer ride quality without it.

I will be putting mine back on the car to protect the soft top during these fast approaching wet months but as soon as I can get the thing off I will.

My personal opinion is Honda designed the S to be a convertible and thus it should be enjoyed so.

Each to their own, we are all part of one big brotherhood with our own individual taste!.

Happy driving!

Mike
Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I have had my car for 2 years now and I have only had the hard top off maybe twice, I prfer the looks and the refinement of the hard top on, I take it off for track days but other than that it is on 24/7.

Quick Reply: Hard Top