UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

hard top 2002 MY

Old 09-27-2002, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard top 2002 MY

My new hard top was delivered today, only ordered it on Wednesday. Managed to fit it no problem, only took a few hours and it looks great -black/black/black.

The only problem that I have is with the wiring loom. The kit and the instructions I downloaded from handa, all relate to earlier models. Of course things have changed with 2002 having a heated glass screen and thus the wiring loom is different.

Anyone else encountered this?

Looks like I may have to call the dealer and ask for an modified / updated loom?
Old 09-27-2002, 11:09 AM

when i collected new S2K 3 weeks ago - gt model - dealer could not fit hardtop as had no wiring diagram - now has one and is being fitted monday - they said had to get from belgium - all a bit odd but maybe your local dealer can get copy of diagram from Osborne Honda in Chelmsford???
Old 09-27-2002, 01:12 PM

Thanks forthat.
Funny how this porblem has not surfaced before- I suppose it's because most people who wanted a hard top recently have ordered the GT.

I'll have to phone Savoy (Chester) tomorrow. It's not just a diagram- I need the loom ie, relevant connectors. The situation should be more straight forward now the rear screen is heated, and I have paid for parts that are not needed- frustrating. Not as much as it will be when I try to explain this to the parts dept.

Let you know how I get on.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:02 PM

I had mine fitted by Grosvenor Garage Guildford back in December - didn't appear to cause them a problem. Another place to call for chart.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:22 AM

The wireing should all be in with the fitting kit. you should have two large boxes in with the hood in one box you have the brackets and in the other the wireing. Thats how mine came.

Tom.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:01 AM

Slightly off topic but does anyone know whether the hood is fixed at the factory or at the dealership when you order the GT model? I am asking because I had ordered the GT model but after 2 months decided to ask the dealer to make it a regular soft top version only if it hadn't left the factory yet. He told me it had in fact left the factory and was ready with the hard top. Now if the delaer is the one responsible for fitting the hardtop then this is bullshit right and he could easily change the order to a non GT model car?
Old 09-28-2002, 03:31 AM

Originally posted by rahula
Slightly off topic but does anyone know whether the hood is fixed at the factory or at the dealership when you order the GT model?....
To judge from the stains and other crap that I found on the rag-top after taking off the GT-hard top, I think it is shipped with the top on.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:03 AM

Indigo, I did have all of the accessories in the two boxes with the kit. I think I have been supplied with the wrong sub-harness (suitable for earlier models), the one from the A kit, not the B kit. I also received new rear side panels, switch and harness which are also not needed on 2002 MY.

Can a GT owner out there confirm that the heated screen in the hardtop and the soft top use the same switch in the centre console, and does attaching the hardtop deactivate the screen in the soft top?
Old 09-28-2002, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will find that the hard top (GT) is fitted at the docks. The car comes separately. The hard top along with the Cat One alarm system.

dave
Old 09-28-2002, 09:14 AM

serimmer.
The hard top has to be ordered by chassis no. to get the correct loome.
On the 02 model you only have to connect in a short loome to the left side behind seat back trim, on the early car you have a longer loome that will go along the centre tunnel with a new switch.

Tom.

Quick Reply: hard top 2002 MY