UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hardtop on for the winter

Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop on for the winter

I think it's probably just me, and I know there are some of you out there who thinks it's a sin, but I have put the hardtop back on the car for the winter.

I know I will miss those roof down moments for the next 4 months but with the hardtop on, the S sure looks fantastic (Better than with the ragtop up, IMO).

Took it out for a spin and it seemed a bit less jittery on the B roads. But that was probably a placebo effect as it seemed more civilised and quieter.
Even had a Carrera driver slow down as he passed me on a dual carriageway and take a long look. Although I think he was probably looking at the S as a whole wishing he had bought one, instead of his Porch

Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 AM

It does look lovely with the hard top on - but personally i'll have my roof down for the blast home this evening!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by DawnLang,Oct 23 2007, 02:07 PM
It does look lovely with the hard top on - but personally i'll have my roof down for the blast home this evening!
I agree. But you cant see how it looks when you're sat in it and I just know if I put mine on, the sun would come straight out and I would want to put the roof down.

I bought the car second hand and the HT came with it. Hopefully it will make the car easier to sell one day. In the meantime its just taking up space in the Garage.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 AM

It's about that time of year - clocks going back - when HTs begin to surface again.

As long as you live with someone, it's not THAT much of a problem to take it off again for the day if you get a nice crisp late autumn or winter day.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 AM

Put mine on for the past two winters and wished I hadn't a number of times so I am not going to bother this year unless there is loads of snow forecast. Tonight I shall be topless all the way home.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by S2uart,Oct 23 2007, 03:26 PM
Put mine on for the past two winters and wished I hadn't a number of times so I am not going to bother this year unless there is loads of snow forecast. Tonight I shall be topless all the way home.
and that's why I sold both the original and the Mugen one I had.

In that Imola Orange, with the tints...it really looks excellent

I'll stick to my fleece and unending headroom though thanks..... It's been exhilarating the past few weeks. The poor beater hasn't turned a wheel
Old 10-23-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Shipley,Oct 23 2007, 03:33 PM
and that's why I sold both the original and the Mugen one I had.
Good point.

If anyone wants to buy my HT...
Old 10-23-2007, 08:07 AM

For me, it's great to have the choice particularly as mine is my daily drive. I am not too bothered about having the top down in the week during the cold dismal winter. It only takes a few minutes to take it off at the weekend.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Roof down this morning even though the garage displayed 6 degrees C and cars had a heavy frost.

Hat, gloves, scarf, heat up, shades on and I am just fine
Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 AM

I nearly put my HT on this weekend and so glad I didn't as it was gorgeous weather up here and I had top down driving whenever I went out.

Might have to start reconsidering over the next couple of weeks though - it had ice on it this morning!

Quick Reply: Hardtop on for the winter