UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Has the bubble burst...?

Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sZooo5
Not that I am selling...but Interesting to note that "WE BUY ANY CAR" outfit gave me an oddball valuation on my 05 car with 105,000 miles with part service history an offer of £5250 six months ago.

I have been getting out of interest a new valuation every month from them since then and it has been steadily rising with the mileage now at 107,000 there offer now is £6000.

So I guess prices must be on the rise to a certain extent.
That seems to be their tactic for most cars from what I've read.

They coax you in to a branch based on the increased offer and then knock the price down for every mark in the paintwork, kerbing on each wheel etc, etc. So eventually it gets back to where the valuation was in the first place - if you're lucky.

Certainly was the comment on SELOC for Lotus quotes IIRC.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I every one I bought the 28 k Honda reasons were firstly no one put a gun to my head
I have had several cars and bikes in my later years I am now 58 and not in the best of health .
some of the cars and bikes were to include Honda 600 fireblade Honda 900 fireblade Suzuki 600 bandit Suzuki 1200 bandit westfield 2000 plate 2 liter lotus 111r elise lotus 220 supercharge elise 14 plate Westfield 200 hp 12 plate kit car
Honda s2000 2006
and now the beautifully platinum Perl whit Honda s2000 08 like brand spanking new
my wife has never been interested in driving any of the cars that we have had until the Honda came along and both of us were overwhelmed how great it was to the other cars. some of the other cars have there good points like the raw power of the Westfield but no good in wet and rubbish at 90 plus the Honda had every thing that all the other cars had all in one and my wife loves to now drive the car it gives me a brake and enjoy been a passenger but love to drive has well .
we have both had bad look in the last 5 years my wife has had cancer twice and been really ill and still in and out of hospital I smashed my pelvice to bits both sides 3 tear ago in a paragliding accident when my wing collapsed and I fell 50 ft was hospitalised for 3 month and did not expect to walk again but had to get better to look after wife I am know ok ish and managed to drive again I was finished at work has I could not do my job again
this why we decided to buy the Honda and its something we both like while we are both lucky to be living
yes it was a lot to pay so why not enjoy a great looking and nearly brand new Honda that there are not many about in that grate colour, condition
its been worth the extra money for the smile on my wife's face driving the car after all she has been through

and al the questions and admires we have had at a few car shows we have been to its been a right buzz so I hope that may have answered some of the questions why some one would pay a lot for a Honda also a plain white mint condition Honda has just sold on piston heads for around 25 k thanks for reading john and Jacky walker
Old 09-16-2017, 05:46 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to hear of that, they really are great cars. Maybe one day I will own one
The following users liked this post:
john walker (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by john walker
I every one I bought the 28 k Honda reasons were firstly no one put a gun to my head
I have had several cars and bikes in my later years I am now 58 and not in the best of health .
some of the cars and bikes were to include Honda 600 fireblade Honda 900 fireblade Suzuki 600 bandit Suzuki 1200 bandit westfield 2000 plate 2 liter lotus 111r elise lotus 220 supercharge elise 14 plate Westfield 200 hp 12 plate kit car
Honda s2000 2006
and now the beautifully platinum Perl whit Honda s2000 08 like brand spanking new
my wife has never been interested in driving any of the cars that we have had until the Honda came along and both of us were overwhelmed how great it was to the other cars. some of the other cars have there good points like the raw power of the Westfield but no good in wet and rubbish at 90 plus the Honda had every thing that all the other cars had all in one and my wife loves to now drive the car it gives me a brake and enjoy been a passenger but love to drive has well .
we have both had bad look in the last 5 years my wife has had cancer twice and been really ill and still in and out of hospital I smashed my pelvice to bits both sides 3 tear ago in a paragliding accident when my wing collapsed and I fell 50 ft was hospitalised for 3 month and did not expect to walk again but had to get better to look after wife I am know ok ish and managed to drive again I was finished at work has I could not do my job again
this why we decided to buy the Honda and its something we both like while we are both lucky to be living
yes it was a lot to pay so why not enjoy a great looking and nearly brand new Honda that there are not many about in that grate colour, condition
its been worth the extra money for the smile on my wife's face driving the car after all she has been through
and al the questions and admires we have had at a few car shows we have been to its been a right buzz so I hope that may have answered some of the questions why some one would pay a lot for a Honda also a plain white mint condition Honda has just sold on piston heads for around 25 k thanks for reading john and Jacky walker
John - that's a brilliant 'life's too short' post, nobody can argue with that.

i have to say that I know exactly where you're coming from in terms of owning cars that your wife doesn't really like.
I had a Caterham and Elise which I loved but my wife certainly didn't (especially the Caterham as she burnt her leg on the exhaust more than once!), which is why they have both gone and now I'm looking for a really nice S2000. I think she will also love driving it, and that will make ownership much sweeter.

You've probably got one if the best S2000's available today, and once you've paid the money that bit kind of becomes irrelevant.

You will both enjoy the car for years to come - and if that isn't what it's all about, then I don't know what is.
john walker (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by john walker
Honda s2000 2006

good for you John you have obviously both been through hell and back, so why not have whatever you want
just to be picky though Honda did not make a 600 fireblade . so i assume you mean the CBR600RR
Old 09-16-2017, 07:00 AM

yes mate you are right about the Honda cbr 6oo
my mistake was the best bike I ever had better than the 900 it was too violent it was one of the first fire blades on a j plate I think they sorted them out after a few years thanks john
Old 09-16-2017, 07:06 AM

I had a 98 plate 900 then a 2002 954 and a couple of newer ones and now the 2017 never ridden one of the very early ones, the 954 and the new 2017 aren't much bigger than a 600 though.
I taker it you no longer ride due to the pelvis injury
Old 09-16-2017, 08:02 AM

no mate properly get on a wind on scooter has I have a dropped left foot which basically nerve damage after accident I cannot lift my left foot up but can press down on the clutch ok , but I have to try and over my foot so I don't slip clutch
but hay ho I am driving again, that's why its nice for Jacky to drive and give my leg a rest and she says no to a bike or a divorce thanks for reply john
Old 09-16-2017, 08:07 AM

Well you have a very nice car to be chauffeured about in
john walker (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 08:33 AM

I do think Hondas will go up in price it may take a couple of years but not like old fords mexicos rs cosys etc etc
who would have believed to look after there old ford 20 yrs or so ago
I had a nice Fiesta but treat it like s**t
wish I would have known and looked after it may have been worth something now.
I have seen a couple of s2000 toping the 20k mark recently so lets hope for all s2000 owners they may get a good price if they decide to sell .
I believe this is my last sports car has I will be 60 next year and hope to keep it till I cannot drive
I feel privileged to have bought such a nice car I have always tried to save up and gone short on other things I have always worked from 16 been a miner and other jobs till my accident its not been handed to me on a plate so I will cherish what I have got thanks to all replies been positive and hope to bump into other s2000 owners on our travels south Yorkshire seems to be a bit sparse with owners to meet up but I am Shure I will thanks john and jacky

Quick Reply: Has the bubble burst...?