UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

help with rear fog light

Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with rear fog light

Hi, the bracket for the rear fog light on my S2k has completely rusted through and the fog light has detached itself. I'm left with the rusty stumps attached to either side of the fog light itself via the 2 phillips screws, and the rest of the brackets likewise to the bumper.

I've tried removing the screws (soaking in plusgas overnight) to no avail. Having searched on here there's mention of drilling them out? Can someone give me an idiots guide to how best to do this; can I do this will a standard drillbit set? I've tried googling/youtube but there's conflicting advice re: how to do it and what I need. If anyone could give me some pointers or alternatives that would be much appreciated, preferably as simple as possible

Ta
Old 07-25-2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by drives
Hi, the bracket for the rear fog light on my S2k has completely rusted through and the fog light has detached itself. I'm left with the rusty stumps attached to either side of the fog light itself via the 2 phillips screws, and the rest of the brackets likewise to the bumper.

I've tried removing the screws (soaking in plusgas overnight) to no avail. Having searched on here there's mention of drilling them out? Can someone give me an idiots guide to how best to do this; can I do this will a standard drillbit set? I've tried googling/youtube but there's conflicting advice re: how to do it and what I need. If anyone could give me some pointers or alternatives that would be much appreciated, preferably as simple as possible

Ta
After finding that someone had affectionately kissed my S2000 in the car-park but forgotten to tell this evening, I too have this issue. Any advice on where to find said bracket for the fog and the rear bumper brackets?

Cheers!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:53 PM

Here,

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...block_03=19250

You need, 17,19,20,18 and whatever screws you require from the diagram.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But of a thread revival but I'm starting to prepare my car from its first winter hibernation and been giving her a good clean.

Whilst cleaning the bumpers noticed the fog light wasn't sitting straight. Knowing it would be rusty from previous threads I'm going to have a go at sorting it myself.

I'm yet to take the bumper off do unsure how much is left of the original. Whilst the cost from the link above is around £30 plus postage I have got sheets of steel and a metal cutter/bender so ought to be able to make one.

Is there a template that's been posted up previously? Or a how to (my search only found this as the best match) thanks
Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I bought the bits. Its easy to take the bumper off but likely you'll find a bit of a mess. I bought a bumper bar off a newer car and had it blasted then powder coated.

I then wire brushed any rust from the car, undersealed and then waxoyl'd it. I sprayed the fog parts with a thick chain grease.

Pita but not hard or time consuming, just dirty