UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 08-02-2017, 03:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just to update everyone on my car - This thread seems to have died a little.

I left a poor review on RDT - Race dyno tuning, the company that originally mapped my car on their Facebook page, which they responded to, and tried to completely discredit everything i said with lies, and posted stuff i had said out of context, and basically said my car was poorly maintained, and my over heating was caused by a lack of maintenance on my part, and my car needed a new timing chain???? Now anyone that knows me, or knows my car will know that this statement alone is a complete joke.... Their are very few S2000's out their that have been maintained as highly, and have had the sort of money i have thrown at my car to sort ANY little thing i was not happy with.

Anyway, the day finally came of the remap at EFI in runcorn, No problems at all where found with my car during the remap, he couldn't look into the old map because as you know RDT locked out. He found that the low end of the map the timing was off effecting the power, so from <4k i picked up some nice power, but couldn't say anything for the higher end of the map, other than the AFR was fine, if not a little rich, with the map going rich when letting off the throttle which was causing my car to shoot very big flames. So if the timing was off low end, who's to say it was not further up the rpm too.

I had noticed that my car, during a warm stat was popping and misfiring for 2 or so seconds, making me think that my head gasket was failing, after the remap, it is now perfect.

My idle was set high, at 1100 rpm, instead of 900 and sounds much more relaxed at idle then before.

The old map was Dyno'd and produced 383bhp, With the new map it is now producing 391bhp, with better low end due to the dodgy timing.

So, has it fixed my over heating? I think so. I gave it a lot of pulls when i got home around 9pm, and the temps did not budge one bit, I don't want to get too excited yet, so will wait for a warmer day to say for sure, but it is looking promising!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:46 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
Just to update everyone on my car - This thread seems to have died a little.

I left a poor review on RDT - Race dyno tuning, the company that originally mapped my car on their Facebook page, which they responded to, and tried to completely discredit everything i said with lies, and posted stuff i had said out of context, and basically said my car was poorly maintained, and my over heating was caused by a lack of maintenance on my part, and my car needed a new timing chain???? Now anyone that knows me, or knows my car will know that this statement alone is a complete joke.... Their are very few S2000's out their that have been maintained as highly, and have had the sort of money i have thrown at my car to sort ANY little thing i was not happy with.

Anyway, the day finally came of the remap at EFI in runcorn, No problems at all where found with my car during the remap, he couldn't look into the old map because as you know RDT locked out. He found that the low end of the map the timing was off effecting the power, so from <4k i picked up some nice power, but couldn't say anything for the higher end of the map, other than the AFR was fine, if not a little rich, with the map going rich when letting off the throttle which was causing my car to shoot very big flames. So if the timing was off low end, who's to say it was not further up the rpm too.

I had noticed that my car, during a warm stat was popping and misfiring for 2 or so seconds, making me think that my head gasket was failing, after the remap, it is now perfect.

My idle was set high, at 1100 rpm, instead of 900 and sounds much more relaxed at idle then before.

The old map was Dyno'd and produced 383bhp, With the new map it is now producing 391bhp, with better low end due to the dodgy timing.

So, has it fixed my over heating? I think so. I gave it a lot of pulls when i got home around 9pm, and the temps did not budge one bit, I don't want to get too excited yet, so will wait for a warmer day to say for sure, but it is looking promising!
I told you Chris is a magician, I am glad your car is finally running right!
Enjoy
Old 08-02-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Good news fella.

Great to see others using Chris now, been going to him for a few years now and never come away disappointed
Old 08-02-2017, 07:13 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Stay away from RDT when it comes to S2000 mapping.

A mistake that that cost me over £1k

Chris or Romain

Also, I recon your over hearing problems will now be fixed

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 08-02-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Stay away from RDT when it comes to S2000 mapping.

A mistake that that cost me over £1k

Chris or Romain

Also, I recon your over hearing problems will now be fixed
What problems did you have? did you find him to be a bit of a arse?
Old 08-02-2017, 09:59 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad to here some good news Define! Mine was mapped by Romain and I've never had an issue.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad to hear the cars now ok. Its been a long time coming
Old 08-04-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
What problems did you have? did you find him to be a bit of a arse?
Mine was the first S2000 he mapped so I was the guiney pig. Car ran rich, always kicked bright yellow flames out, wouldn't start sometimes, sensors (temp and others) not calibrated correctly.

Customer service was poor, was always on Facebook moaning about people posting blah blah, never ready for me when I turned up which meant I had to hang around all day.

But he mapped Razz's car after mine and he was happy with the service (last time I spoke to him), so I thought he may of booked his ideas up and learnt off my money.

Seems that not the case. Nice kid, full of shit.

I'll leave it there.

I've had RDT, Mase, Romain all map my car and have dealt with Chris. The last two are where you want to be, as they are both in the UK and will support you after mapping if you have issues.

Last edited by E4RTH WORM JIM; 08-04-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:04 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Well after 18 months of pretty much trouble free driving with the supercharger fitted i took the car out and noticed that the car felt abit flat at the top end.

I was only getting 8.2psi at 8500rpm. I reckon its the belt and having just loosened off the tensioner and put a pry bar on it the belt has stretched a fair bit.

Did anyone come up with a belt that replaced the HKS belt that wasn't such a pig to fit and was still reasonably good in terms of slippage?
Old 09-09-2017, 07:04 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by markforrester99
Well after 18 months of pretty much trouble free driving with the supercharger fitted i took the car out and noticed that the car felt abit flat at the top end.

I was only getting 8.2psi at 8500rpm. I reckon its the belt and having just loosened off the tensioner and put a pry bar on it the belt has stretched a fair bit.

Did anyone come up with a belt that replaced the HKS belt that wasn't such a pig to fit and was still reasonably good in terms of slippage?
your not the only one... Mine has been slipping for a month now but until I get the money to convert it to a ribbed setup it will have to do.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic