UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 09-14-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear, how are you liking the setup? Is it delivering 330 or so hp like stated with those injectors? Has the kit been reliable? And do you know if I could fit their other injectors like this one? AK002? https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produ...tor/index.html
Old 09-14-2017, 11:11 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I have used Deatschwerks 600cc and 800cc and then opted for the Id1050x injectors

600cc not enough fuel for kit if you opt for the full power
800cc Really crap idle AFR as you cant trim the injector down enough to make it perform at low pulse widths
ID1050x Great at lower pulse widths, fit the inlet manifold right out of the box.

You pay a premium for the ID injectors but they are perfect and IMO well worth the money. The idle characteristics with the other injectors used to annoy me everyday i drove the car.
The following users liked this post:
S2K4WIN (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Interesting Mark. I'm using Deatschwerks 800s on my TTS kit and it idles nicely at 900rpm. I'll check my AFR though. What sort of AFR did you get?
Old 09-15-2017, 01:19 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I think the problem is Chris that although the set are matched from Deatschwerks they aren't necessarily matched across the 4 injectors. Most manufactures match them in total fuel quantity. Whether they flow the same at low pulse widths is irrelevant to the manufacturer. Its abit like a lottery as to whether or not your 4 injectors will flow the same.

I could get with the 800cc injectors AFR of about 14.5 if it idled at 1100 rpm but as soon as i dropped the revs and leaned it off the car would splutter and missfire. Could only get it smooth at 900rpm when it was in the low 13's, stunk of fuel at idle. It was definitely the injectors as you could see the misfire develop when they got down to a certain pulse width. Spent forever trying to sort it out and then started reading up and found it was a common problem with injectors.

Don't get me wrong for a track car they would of been fine but i rapidly got fed up with having to have the high idle and the constant stench of fuel in the garage.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:15 AM

Thanks for the summary, Mark. Seems I'm lucky then. Idles smoothly. It does smell a little rich, but I decatted it at the same time, so thought it was just that. I'll have a look at my AFR at idle and report back.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K4WIN
Good to hear, how are you liking the setup? Is it delivering 330 or so hp like stated with those injectors? Has the kit been reliable? And do you know if I could fit their other injectors like this one? AK002? https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produ...tor/index.html
Pretty much bang on 330hp, others will be higher/slightly lower depending on dyno, injectors have been fine with the HP, and theirs a little headroom i believe so they are not maxed out. its been reliable apart from the BOV issues, but that seems to be pot luck if you get a steam train type flutter, Also i have issues with belt slip. You can fit whatever injectors you wish if they are designed to fit the car, but obviously will need a tune to go with them. doubt the HKS provided tune will work with other injectors out the box?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by markforrester99
I think the problem is Chris that although the set are matched from Deatschwerks they aren't necessarily matched across the 4 injectors. Most manufactures match them in total fuel quantity. Whether they flow the same at low pulse widths is irrelevant to the manufacturer. Its abit like a lottery as to whether or not your 4 injectors will flow the same.

I could get with the 800cc injectors AFR of about 14.5 if it idled at 1100 rpm but as soon as i dropped the revs and leaned it off the car would splutter and missfire. Could only get it smooth at 900rpm when it was in the low 13's, stunk of fuel at idle. It was definitely the injectors as you could see the misfire develop when they got down to a certain pulse width. Spent forever trying to sort it out and then started reading up and found it was a common problem with injectors.

Don't get me wrong for a track car they would of been fine but i rapidly got fed up with having to have the high idle and the constant stench of fuel in the garage.
I have DW800 and it would idle at 800-900 perfectly. This was until I had the aircon removed and it now cycles annoyingly at idle. Having a play with this on Tuner, as well as fitting my wideband are winter jobs, now I'll have the car longer than anticipated. Talking of which (thread-jack) any links to PLX wideband install would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI, you can get repair /replacement parts for our kit here

e https://www.nengun.com/hks/gt-supercharger-repair-parts
They were great to deal with and amazing at sourcing rare parts!!
​​​​​
Old 09-15-2017, 11:36 AM

Checked my idle figures. 900rpm target idle, hunts from 920 to 960 in reality, AFR generally from 14.6 to 14.8. Seems OK to me!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My charger looks to have failed tonight, Snapped shaft on the charger.

I can only presume this was caused by my flutter i experienced for the first 6 months of use, which HKS stated was fine...

I am pretty sure HKS will not honour warranty for me, obviously the BOV was not fit for purpose for my car, and a couple others. I know some people never got the flutter. But i was one of them that did, and now after around 14 months with pretty little mileage my HKS charger is JUNK.

I have not had the chance to check for sure its the shaft, but i heard a "ting" type noise, can no longer hear the charger forcing air into the intake, and it seems to be spinning slower than usual. and down completely on power.

Will be interesting to get Si's and HKS response to this......

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic