UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 02-28-2015, 12:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The HKS fanimold is sexy in white.... Just saying...

Si is the best suppliers imo I spoke with the director of HKS Europe before I started my orde, the support is there and a great price and delivery options. Win,win... Plus Si knows his apples having owned his own SC s before.

The HKS manifold is designed to work with the SC. Helping reduce knock and with the cylinder firing order and characteristics in mind to!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Has anyone who has this fitted, or planning to got a ballpark installation price? I've started looking at this more and more but need to factor in fitting costs.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates Tron?

Still all happy?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4 freak
Any updates Tron?

Still all happy?
Yes very happy with it still

Was at Cadwell today and got to put it through it's paces. I drove it pretty hard and the kit was faultless no issues with it. But one small issue with the fuel that I got a little surge in 3rd gear around 7k when the fuel was around half a tank, brimmed the fuel again and no issues, so now looking at getting a Radium Fuel Surge Tank Kit fitted.

Here's a little vid, it was a little damp in places.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Gmk5JirRc[/media]
Old 03-09-2015, 03:06 PM

Glad to hear,

Anything else you think about the kit?

Some nice driving as well there,

Any more vids?
Old 03-09-2015, 03:36 PM

tron nice driving!

how much hp are you running now?
what pressure?
what pulley?
why don't you rev it up to 9000?

getting my hks sc set up for time attack so lot questions!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by sebian
tron nice driving!

how much hp are you running now?
what pressure?
what pulley?
why don't you rev it up to 9000?

getting my hks sc set up for time attack so lot questions!
Thanks mate

345@hubs
0.7bar
the one that comes with the kit
It's limited to 8500-8700 (I can't remember lol I think the graph shows 8500 but it's actually limited to 8700), I never used to rev it to 9k when I was N/A when on track, I'm not saying it won't all day long but I just don't feel the need to. It's been mapped for a safe margin that's why we dropped the limit, it would definitely make more power at 9k and if you're racing you'll probably want that extra little bit more but I'm not chasing tenths.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:38 AM

Glad to hear,

Anything else you think about the kit?

Some nice driving as well there,

Any more vids?
Thanks Mate

Well I was reserving my judgement a little until I'd got it on track to fully feel it's potential, plus I had that little doubt in my mind whether it would hold together. But it ran faultlessly (bar the fuel issue but that's more related to the forces under acceleration than the kit itself).

The reason why I got the kit was that I felt it lacked some overtaking grunt on the straights for trackdays, I was happy how it handled, stopped, etc and enjoyed the characteristics of the car, but wanted a bit more poke. After only driving it on the road I felt that it lacked a little traction so was thinking of getting a BG Carbon wing but thought hold off try it on track and go from there. I'm glad I did because once the tyres are warm I had no real issues with traction and no surprises. I soon realised that AD08 are not great in cold wet conditions but still hold up well even with a supercharger in dry conditions. From what I set out to do to fill that hole which I felt it lacked it has done exactly that I am very happy with it. I realise I have only done one trackday but so far touch wood it has been very reliable.

I have some more vids, but need to go edit and go through them as a lot of them are sat in traffic following stupid drivers who hog the left side of the track on the straights.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:13 AM

Sounds great,

Get the other videos up when you can

AD08's are a lot better in the cold and wet then others in that range of tires,

I put mine on a bit early once in the year then got caught out but just about got through,

Guess if you can get the heat into them they come up great, Loved them on mine,

Is the surge just on straight line acceleration or up/downhill or round a corner,

Any info on the fuel surge kit?

Looking great though, Glad your happy
Old 03-10-2015, 12:28 PM

Sounds great,

Get the other videos up when you can

AD08's are a lot better in the cold and wet then others in that range of tires,

I put mine on a bit early once in the year then got caught out but just about got through,

Guess if you can get the heat into them they come up great, Loved them on mine,

Is the surge just on straight line acceleration or up/downhill or round a corner,

Any info on the fuel surge kit?

Looking great though, Glad your happy
Will do.

My AD08s have been through quite a few heat cycles so they are probably quite hard when cold. I really struggled to heat them up when it was raining, which was probably the issue.

Surge happened in a straightline in 3rd gear very slightly up hill, was fine around the corners.

Here's the kit http://www.radiumauto.com/S2000-Fuel...0-05-P361.aspx though also looking at other options.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic