UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 04-10-2016, 11:33 PM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by scottietse
Many miles later still runs a treat

Only problem for me is trying to find a spot to put an oil pressure sensor....

not sure if there is enough space for a sandwich plate and cant find any space where the original sensor sits

any idea's???
I've stuck a flexible hose extension from the block (where the OEM pressure switch is attached), and mounted the pressure sensor (and OEM switch) in a T-block held by a rubberised P-clip to save it from engine vibration. Mine's a TTS kit, so I had room to mount directly, but apparently the sensors don't like sustained vibration, hence the remote mount. Could work for you too?
Old 04-11-2016, 01:20 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm really happy with this kit. I've covered about 2000 miles since fitting last year including 2 track days. I expected a few more miles this year.

Being blind to the oil temps though got the better of me and I've had an oil cooler and oil temp/pressure gauge fitted to easy my mind. So far it sits at a comfortable 80-90 degrees C on the road and I'll see what happens at Combe later in the year.

The oil filter is a real PITA and can only be reached from underneath. I've been doing this myself on stands with a band wrench, its was not the easiest to tighten. As I'll be changing this with the oil frequently, I've had it relocated to the cross member. This was better position for the gauge sensors too.

My only other issue is trying to find somewhere to fit the stock alarm casing as it makes changing the mushroom filter a bit fiddly. (I'm not convinced that the HKS filter is worth pursuing with. I have a K&N filter sat there doing nothing that can be cleaned rather than binned every 1500 miles).

Other than that, everything still seems as solid as the day it was fitted.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mines still going strong, no real issues with the kit bar the bolts coming loose on the charger to the mounting bracket, so had to tighten it down quite often, then they snapped as they are soft as !!!! being Aluminium. Ended up getting some stainless steel ones from Pro Bolt, loctite and torqued down they have been fine.

I too went the oil cooler root just to make sure it would be fine on track. I also had to fit a fuel surge tank as the extra force under acceleration caused fuel cut when the tank got lower than halfway, no real issues from the kit itself though, but a few things to consider if you decide to use it on track.

Originally Posted by CynicG
My only other issue is trying to find somewhere to fit the stock alarm casing as it makes changing the mushroom filter a bit fiddly. (I'm not convinced that the HKS filter is worth pursuing with. I have a K&N filter sat there doing nothing that can be cleaned rather than binned every 1500 miles).
I've been considering switching to a K&N filter as I'm currently replacing the HKS one once a year just to be cautious. Which one did you use if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-11-2016, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by tron2k3
Mines still going strong, no real issues with the kit bar the bolts coming loose on the charger to the mounting bracket, so had to tighten it down quite often, then they snapped as they are soft as !!!! being Aluminium. Ended up getting some stainless steel ones from Pro Bolt, loctite and torqued down they have been fine.

I too went the oil cooler root just to make sure it would be fine on track. I also had to fit a fuel surge tank as the extra force under acceleration caused fuel cut when the tank got lower than halfway, no real issues from the kit itself though, but a few things to consider if you decide to use it on track.

Originally Posted by CynicG' timestamp='1460366437' post='23934272
I've been considering switching to a K&N filter as I'm currently replacing the HKS one once a year just to be cautious. Which one did you use if you don't mind me asking?
I haven't fitted one yet due to the alarm casing plus I've got a catch can located in that area too so it's going to be tight. I'm planning to look at a few filter types and designs and see what fits the intake diameter. My old K&N is from a gen 2 so the diameters are out
Old 04-11-2016, 10:55 AM

Filter relocation

Old 04-11-2016, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are people running this kit still on the standard clutch? I know it will slip in time just wondering whether it needs upgrading straight away?

Thanks,
John
Old 04-12-2016, 08:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

curious as well, planning to get HKS supercharger kit too.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine also still going strong. At Croft this Sunday.
I took standard donut off to fit oil cooler sandwich plate. Toyed with remote mount and may go this route at some point.

Your best upgrading clutch prior to fitting as just makes it more awkward to change later
Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Looking at it i dont think it would make it too much harder to change later on, you still have access to the alternator and starter bolts. It will make the exhaust removal more of a pain thou!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM

I used the oem clutch for a few months and it seemed OK, but much better once upgraded.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic