UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 09-21-2016, 06:26 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
From your posts above I would not be looking at the map or touching the car yourself, id get someone like TDI or Eurospec to check it for you. Don't mean that to sound the wrong way but you really need to know what you're looking at or may cause more problems.
i was not going to touch the map... i was simply going to send it to someone to compare to their map, coolant calibration mainly, i have no intention of altering/touching any settings.

Last edited by Define198; 07-17-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:44 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yup, I don't get the impression you would want to rely on your mapper though (again just on what I've read)

Have Aj on here have a look at it. He can at least check if it's unlocked or not and go from there, but even then I think you can check sensors etc.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by MB
Yup, I don't get the impression you would want to rely on your mapper though (again just one what I've read)

Have Aj on here have a look at it. He can at least check if it's unlocked or not and go from there, but even then I think you can check sensors etc.
i would like for that to happen, but as i said the map is now locked again.. i guess i will have to go back to him and plead for him to unlock it and leave it unlocked

I get the impression that if i simply went to him and asked him to unlock the ecu so i could go elsewhere to have the car looked at to find out whats happening he would not.

Which to be honest, that is fair enough, im sure its not good business to do that, but then again i have never had a car mapped before, so i dont know if locking maps is the norm.

I dont want to say anything bad about the tuner, as it might not be anything to do with the map, just getting annoyed with not getting anywhere.

It is 100% locked, im not so stupid to mistake that ( although i might sound it online by asking silly questions) simply plugged a laptop in, changed the port from serial to usb, clicked connect, and did its thing, said checking security and then popped up asking for a 6 digit pass code.

I cannot check anything, as soon as you click connect it asks for the password? unless i can click cancel on that and their is a button that says live data? i only had a spare 10minutes on my dinner break to look. But even if i can see the live data, does not help me really, i would like to data log it, and compare the coolant cal
Old 09-21-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

it's your map bought and paid for the only time they have a right to lock you out is if they are sponsoring you and providing the map for free just ring him and ask for the code as AJ said very very unlikely to be a water pump the symptoms would have being there before, is the stat operating as normal
Old 09-21-2016, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
it's your map bought and paid for the only time they have a right to lock you out is if they are sponsoring you and providing the map for free just ring him and ask for the code as AJ said very very unlikely to be a water pump the symptoms would have being there before, is the stat operating as normal
i upgraded my stat to a low temp stat as i was told that would fix it alas it did not fix it. lol

Getting car booked in for the coolant temp sensor to be tested by the tuner, he is still very convinced that it is that, he said he has not had the same problem on another honda/s2000, but has had a similar problem with a m3.

Spoke to si at hendy,and he has sorted me a price for a new one in case it comes back as faulty

i obviously don't want to be buying anything else, but i hope it is the sensor so i can finally have the car running as it should
Old 09-22-2016, 12:21 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Make sure he unlocks it and leaves it unlocked as well when you go back. Like Dave and I have said, you bought and paid for it so its your property not the property of the tuner.

If you bought the map from him without it going on the rolling road then maybe he has a right to lock it as its his map he developed in his own time but you paid for his time and rolling road to tune your car. It is specific to your car and so therefore it is your property.

Oh and what do you do IT wise? I'm the systems engineer at RAF Benson
Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Make sure he unlocks it and leaves it unlocked as well when you go back. Like Dave and I have said, you bought and paid for it so its your property not the property of the tuner.

If you bought the map from him without it going on the rolling road then maybe he has a right to lock it as its his map he developed in his own time but you paid for his time and rolling road to tune your car. It is specific to your car and so therefore it is your property.

Oh and what do you do IT wise? I'm the systems engineer at RAF Benson
Will definitely get him to unlock it, hopefully i can get booked in fairly soon!

I work for a small company, so im the sole IT guy at work so i basically do all the computer stuff, networking/Email/website/domains/hardware etc probably not as advanced as some of the stuff you do! but if anything goes wrong im the only guy to blame lol.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

i know how you feel, its me and my boss who look after a big VDI environment, 300 workstations, 40 odd laptops, everything on premise... hence why i havent had time to fit the charger! Just getting holiday is bad enough
Old 09-30-2016, 03:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is where I mounted my Mishimoto 10 row oil cooler paired with Inline Pro oil filter relocation kit. Had to have brackets made for the cooler but everything else was straight forward.

I chose this location to avoid the clutter with the intercooler then the 3 core radiator which would have been a squeeze. This location optimizes air flow through the bumper duct optional cut out.

I have not seen anyone else do it this way yet and if you have then post a darn picture!

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Originally Posted by Baron2099' timestamp='1472155420' post='24047755
Hey I'm almost done with my HKS install and tune just a couple more weeks.

I have a Mishimoto oil cooler and Inline Pro oil filter relocation kit. I was wondering where others with oil coolers mounted their cooler unit?

Pics please.

I was thinking of on the metal bar under the passenger headlight.

Have you removed your pump unit, otherwise there is not enough room, nor is there enough room under drivers side.
I fitted mine in front of the condenser mounted to the central upright, all you have to do is undo the horn and turn the bracket 180 degrees.

Dont have any photos to hand sorry.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:27 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Baron those photos don't appear for me but im interested to see how you mounted your cooler.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic