UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda CD changer install after delivery

Old 06-12-2001, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda CD changer install after delivery

Has anyone installed the Honda changer after taking delivery of the car? Is it easy to do, or will they charge me a couple of manhours? I've heard that they've got to pass a cable through, from the headunit to the boot, because there is no provision for a changer on the stock S2K . Is this true?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2001, 06:18 AM

jazzboss
If U do a search, you would find plenty information from members on cd changer installation.

if i can remember clearly it may take a couple of hours. At
Old 06-12-2001, 12:41 PM

Jazzboss - I had the cd-player installed after delivery at a Honda dealer in Southampton, they made a tidy job of it but it cost
Old 06-12-2001, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just been pricing up UK vrs Import. The UK dealer wanted
Old 06-13-2001, 12:36 AM

Take a look at the following URL (last one on the page is for the stook:

http://catalog.edworthys.co.uk/acatalog/Ed..._Honda_348.html

Old 06-13-2001, 11:23 AM

I had my cd changer fitted by honda as an extra.
But its only now that I realise that a 6 cd changer isn't enough.

Also the stock speakers at the front are VERY poor. I am seriously considering ripping out the lot and upgrading to a Sony setup.
Old 06-14-2001, 02:48 AM

N-a-$-t-Y

Forget sony. Buy alpine. They have an interface to the dash controls!

I have changed my speakers for some MB Quarts. With 2 people in the car the high frequencies are lost.
I am planning to install a 2 way component speaker system by cutting the plastic door panel.

I think if you slash out on serious equipment and install a 2 way coaxcial speaker, U won't be capitalising on quality when 2 people are seated.

RL

UK
RP
Old 06-14-2001, 05:30 AM

Word of Warning - the Alpine interface is just a prototype.

Someone I know who has a stooker has this piece of kit, Alpine are having to visit the car because the mute function doesn't work when the lights are on (?!?!?!!!?) or something like that.

He's been a few weeks now trying to get it sorted - after his experience I'm going with Pinky's mod.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:32 AM

Oh - and, I'm going to install a component speaker system, but will sit the tweeters on the dash near the windscreen . . . I've seen this work really well before plus no cutting.

Something wirth thinking about.

Ta,

Si
Old 06-14-2001, 06:46 AM

Simon
Thanks for letting me kmow about the mute button. I never looked into pinky mod because if U decide to change
the head unit I guess the same modification has to be made again. With the alpine you just use the same interface.

Also Alpine should be able to replace the relevant equiptment when they have fixed the bug (I hope). Ok more work
but the goods are under warrenty. I am not sure if the head unit would be still under warrenty after pinky's Mod?

Putting the tweeter on the dash is a great solution. But not for me. Personally I like to see components mounted without the bulges. They have component tweeters that flush pretty cool with the door panels!

My intension was to purchase a pair of door panels from honda and put a 3 way speaker unit in them. But they cost about $350.00 each in the US, so I am sticking with a 2 way component kit instead.

Do you live in the UK?

RP

UK

Quick Reply: Honda CD changer install after delivery