UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda UK and I

Old 06-06-2001, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to Honda UK this morning.

Apparently there are no plans to bring the new US colours into this country.

Apparently due to the high demand they have no plans to discontinue the car.

They tell me my blue should be in the UK at the beginning of July (Big Smile).

More importantly though - They confirmed that the 2001 car comes STANDARD with the Aeroscreen. I shall be on the lookout for mine on delivery day.

Regards,
Simon.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by SimonJackson
I spoke to Honda UK this morning.

Apparently there are no plans to bring the new US colours into this country.

Apparently due to the high demand they have no plans to discontinue the car.

They tell me my blue should be in the UK at the beginning of July (Big Smile).

More importantly though - They confirmed that the 2001 car comes STANDARD with the Aeroscreen. I shall be on the lookout for mine on delivery day.

Regards,
Simon.
RE: Aeroscreen, they told me that also when I went for a trade-in price on Monday as well. They also told me they will beat any website price if I don't trade the S2000 in!!! even though he only has 5% margin ~
Old 06-06-2001, 06:54 AM

Simon......I have had my s2000 for a year, love it to bits, great to be DRIVING a car again after 27 years of non-stop Jag XJ-Ss.

Re the aeroscreen....I had the Honda one fitted as an extra, and whilst it does help, a little, it is really not high enough to be properly effective.

Since finding this site only 2 or 3 days ago I have traced a great site for s2000 extras (Ricks Signature Accesories) and they have a full height replacement 'screen'. I have also come accross a second, a Mingster, but does anyone have experience of either of these two (or any others) before I decide which.

Ricks - which actually comes in two slightly different heights - costs $120 plus $30 shipping, the Mingster $160 plus shipping. With Ricks you replace just the screen of the standard Honda issue ie, it folds flat in the normal way, but the Mingster is fitted in place of the Honda one and I don't think that it folds away. I have also heard that there might be a vibration issue with the higher screen but this was only hearsay.

Hope that this is of interest to you.

If I go ahead with either and anyone else is interested I could order all at the same time, maybe get a better price, but certainly reduce the per item shipping cost.

I will place my order by the weekend.

Norman Englender
Silver/red
Old 06-06-2001, 08:38 AM

is the blue as nice as everyone says it is?

where can it be viewed?

s
Old 06-06-2001, 11:34 AM

Rick's screen comes in 7/8 and full height. If you have the full one, you must make sure that's it's in the "up" position before raising/lowering the soft top, otherwise it'll rub on the window (crease, scratch, etc.) I think there is less vibration on the 7/8 height one, but is not quite as good at reducing turbulence as the full one. On both of these, you have to take the assembly apart, swap the OEM short screen with the new screen, and glue it back together again.

With Mingster's screen, you bolt it directly to the console top, and do not need to have the OEM assembly at all. There is no base for it, so it's not as attactive as Rick's, but it is solid (no vibration), and you don't have to worry when you put the top up or down. This acreen will be permanently "up", whereas Rick's can be raised or lowered. Tricky choice you have to make!
Old 06-06-2001, 12:09 PM

Aeroscreen....vibration with full height 'screens'. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this, after what speed, how bad/annoying or what. would appreciate replies...i have also put question to Ricks.
Old 06-06-2001, 12:13 PM

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...?threadid=14919

For Blue see the above.

I actually visited Honda verno in Japan in June 1999 to get a good look at an S2000 pre launch. I saw a blue in the show room and well I fell in love with it. I got it on video and basically never wanted another colour. Of-course, I had to make do with the 3 choices in the UK for my 1st car. I went for Silver/Black.

When my blue arrives it will be stunning. I remember it as a slightly lighter and more lustrous blue than the photo, but I don't think that the blue in Honda Verno Tokyo was anything other than Monte Carlo blue.

We shall see in July,

S.
Old 06-07-2001, 09:17 AM

yeah, that is quite nice isn't it?

do you have to have the blue inside as well?

s
Old 06-07-2001, 10:02 AM

Thankfully not - That is something that the poster had done himself.

I am expecting Blue/Black.

S.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:36 AM

perfect. you really in little london? i'm round the corner, i'll pop round to see it.

tell yer missus to stick the kettle on.....

s

Quick Reply: Honda UK and I