UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

How Much?

Old 05-31-2001, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to all you guys/girls.
This is my first post and I hope it has not been asked before. My girlfriend is looking to get an S2000 soon and I was wondering how much should she be looking to pay?
This sounds a strange question but from what I have heard only 47 cars have been sold this year, for whatever reason (reminds me of my Integra R which no-one wanted) and I was wondering, are there any discounts being offered by dealers?
If we go down the import route how much should we be looking to pay?
Is that blue colour available yet?
Any other comments you guys wish to make would also be gratefully received.

Jonathan
Old 05-31-2001, 04:01 AM

Blue is available in Europe, If you import look somewhere between 22 and 23K. I doubt you'll get much change from 26K at a UK dealer and blue will be hard to get hold of.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by UKjasonm
Blue is available in Europe, If you import look somewhere between 22 and 23K. I doubt you'll get much change from 26K at a UK dealer and blue will be hard to get hold of.
Blue has been a option in the UK since March of this year, I think you'll find there has been a lot more than 47 sold this year also , my dealer has shifted 6 in 2001, import is a good option, but fix the exchange rate today if you can, you get 1.67euros to the
Old 05-31-2001, 04:39 AM

Check the thread I started re: Honda EU Imports. I have been checking the market since February and here is the latest!

DO NOT pay more than
Old 05-31-2001, 05:01 AM

I have just part exchanged my V reg S2000 at Derek Warwick Honda for 21k. They have just sold it on for 23k. Good lick to them.

My new S2000 is on order and will be delivered in July. This is when the next shipment of Monte Carlo Blue's are arriving in the UK.

I was happy to pay the full UK dealer price. I would agree with the reading of the Euro import thread (I am sure that you have already).

Be aware that when I went to get a quotation for my new S2000 (
Old 05-31-2001, 05:17 AM

Regarding the insurance for imports, most insurance companies will not ask for a premium for a UK spec (parrallel) European import. The problems arise with Japanese (Grey) imports for which a lot of insurance companies won't even quote and the ones that do will probably hike the premium.

During the 1st couple of years quite a few people were importing greys from Japan due to the shortage here and the strength of the pound (I imported some vehicles and got 240Yen/
Old 05-31-2001, 06:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dog Biscuit
[B]Check the thread I started re: Honda EU Imports. I have been checking the market since February and here is the latest!

DO NOT pay more than
Old 05-31-2001, 11:19 PM

UK Paul,

Give me
Old 06-01-2001, 12:42 AM

jjr1 there seems to be quite a lot of "suggestions" on what you should or should'nt give price wise for a S2000,IMO only you know what you can or cannot afford so that will determine just what you go for,if you have the money and want one, just "go for it" what does it really matter if its
Old 06-01-2001, 01:24 AM

Cheers guys that was an impressive response!!! I am going to buy her a new one (the lucky girl) and it would appear that from your responses that the import route may be best. Now all I have to do is phone a few dealers abroad and check up on your links to sites.

I am still trying to think who it was told me about the number of S2000's sold and believe it was an instructor at Bedford autodrome who had just bought one of there own. It does not bother me the number but I would not believe everything a dealer tells you. This might also explain why my local dealer is desperate to sell me one but he can piss right off after his bid for my Integra was a joke!
I am also in the same boat with residuals as I have an Elise and believe me they are worth bugger all despite the valiant attempts of sellers in 'Top Marques'

Anyway thanks again to all of you and I look forward to borrowing it off her at weekends.

Quick Reply: How Much?