UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I love this website

Old 11-14-2001, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Good Lord no James. I refer to Peregrine Carruthers Winskill, that well known post whore on the Borneo Bulletin Board.

The thought!
Ahh my long lost distant relative.... I've not heard from him a while. Last contact he'd discovered a lost tribe of abbos who allegedly had a sense of humour. Perish the thought. We all laughed over our tiffin when we got the wire. Abbos with a sense of humour. What next, they'd understand cricket and the off-side rule!

Tiffin was good that day and Peter went out and bagged a few before supper. By did we enjoy that day.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by awinskill

Tiffin was good that day and Peter went out and bagged a few before supper. By did we enjoy that day.
Damn it Winskill old boy, I thought that we had stopped Peter from bagging the neighbours kittens!!!!!

He really can be a rascal sometimes with that 12 bore that Unclue Rufus left him!

Old 11-14-2001, 04:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokyo_james
[B]

Damn it Winskill old boy, I thought that we had stopped Peter from bagging the neighbours kittens!!!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 04:12 PM

Ah TJ you rascallion, Peter decided that life in the institution wasn't his cup of tea and preferred it living with Pater. He managed to sneak the old .22 out of the kitchen while cook wasn't looking. Creaping up on the old cottage he gave them what for.

By jove he was laughing when we snipped the cigars over port! Old Rufus would have enjoyed the evening.
Andy old bean, I remember your father telling me about Peter's time in the institution... sounded like the old Doc had a rather hard time with the poor fellow.

I remember mater and grandmama laughing like hyenas when they heard about Peter's episode with the .22! Shame about the gardener though!

Oh how I yearn for those heady days, when the staff would take a good horse whipping and consider it deserved punishment for letting the tea get cold ...
Old 11-14-2001, 04:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokyo_james
[B]

Andy old bean, I remember your father telling me about Peter's time in the institution... sounded like the old Doc had a rather hard time with the poor fellow.

I remember mater and grandmama laughing like hyenas when they heard about Peter's episode with the .22!
Old 11-14-2001, 05:43 PM

Oh TJ you take me back to good old times when we could chase the staff around the garden with the pitch fork and the whip. What sport. The hounds would have a field day as we had a frenzy on the lawn.

Strange the tea was always cold when we finished. I could never understand that...
Those were the days, when boys were boys, and you weren't worried if your best friend was a camp old bugger!!

What jolly japes we had when we swapped cook's sugar for salt in the mornings, or when we filled the butlers shoes with itching powder just before mater and pater had Lord Poncenby round for supper....

Shame that we had to sell the tea plantation, but as pater said, a couple of million in the bank means I don't need to work any more...
Old 11-14-2001, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by tokyo_james

Those were the days, when boys were boys, and you weren't worried if your best friend was a camp old bugger!!

What jolly japes we had when we swapped cook's sugar for salt in the mornings, or when we filled the butlers shoes with itching powder just before mater and pater had Lord Poncenby round for supper....

Shame that we had to sell the tea plantation, but as pater said, a couple of million in the bank means I don't need to work any more...

If you were given cold tea as children, that amounts to child abuse and you must protest most profusely to your local M.P. without delay.

Ahhh, what jolly japes we had as children, building rafts out of old logs, sailing down the river and catching some local crooks and handing them in to the local constabulary. All for the simple reward of ginger beer and a rich tea biscuit.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:26 PM

Oh yes, lashings of ginger beer!!!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 11:52 PM

Lashings
Old 11-15-2001, 12:12 AM

Lashings

Quick Reply: I love this website