UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

ICE Crisis ! (well, almost...)

Old 03-05-2003, 03:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ICE Crisis ! (well, almost...)

After some helpful advice from fellow board users, I order the Alpine HU, dashboard controls adapter and JBL rear speakers for my S2000. However, Chris Type R has raised an issue which I hadn't considered:

Will the rear speakers take a feed off the adapter (The KCE thing-me-bob) or do I ALSO need the Lucid adapter to make use of the rear speakers???

I think the Midlands Mini-Meet will feature my S with a number of loose wires!!
Old 03-05-2003, 03:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats exactly the concern I had and thus backed out of the purchase of Petes Lucids......then I was subsequently accused of being under the thumb from Mrs CC.

Let me know what you find out.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The easiest solution will be to buy the Lucid wiring interface that sits between the ISO and Honda looms. Its been a while since I fitted one but IIRC the KCE doesn't have any easily accessible rear speakers wires. You can of course just tap into the ISO loom on the back of the Alpine but you'll need to cut the cables and add bullet connectors etc... not the biggest job in the world though!

Tif
Old 03-05-2003, 03:24 AM

I found an image of the adapter - still none the wiser (adapter).
Old 03-05-2003, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
The easiest solution will be to buy the Lucid wiring interface that sits between the ISO and Honda looms. Its been a while since I fitted one but IIRC the KCE doesn't have any easily accessible rear speakers wires. You can of course just tap into the ISO loom on the back of the Alpine but you'll need to cut the cables and add bullet connectors etc... not the biggest job in the world though!

Tif
So the rears definitely have wires then ? If so not a major job.

EDIT: Comparing the image to my spare Lucid adapter, it looks like one of the Alpine connectors would need modifying to bring out the rear outputs. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:41 AM

Spoken to my friendly clifford installer about this ( another plug ) and although he could not remember the colour of the wires off the top of his head, he thiks that the adapter from the head unit could be modified like stated.

When i have some spare money i will get the rears dones this way as there is so little room in there, i dowt that another adaptor would fit in there.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:51 AM

If your running the Alpine HU the rear JBL's should just connect to the rear outputs on the HU and should work fine with the dash controls. The Lucid adaptor is for when you are keep the standard head unit - the rear outputs are not wired in as standard and the adaptor just taps into the unused outputs so you can use them. Thats my understanding anyway
Old 03-05-2003, 04:22 AM

Dont the speakers just plug into th HU, I dont think the adapter affects this cos all it links is the mute, channel and source controls.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:26 AM

I think that the answer as indicated by other posters is that the rears plug into the HU adapter, although I think that this may require a bit of pin fiddling / trip to hellfords. Simmo is correct about there not being much space left with all the adapter malarky.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've contacted Lucid with the following question:

Jim, I ordered the rear speaker panels from you earlier this week and I've
ordered an Alpine 7893, speakers and Alpine dashboard control here in the
UK. Could you tell me whether I need the Lucid harness to be able to
connect the rear speakers to the Honda loom?

Jim's answer was:

No, simply connect the rear speaker to the 4 rear lines from the Alpine deck. No other harness is needed. On thing, is the KCE-865 - if that is what you're using has the rear lines going from the ISO plug in to the Alpine to the INTO WHITE harness of the S2000. If this is still the case (i haven't purchased any since last summer) you would clip the green and purple wires from the Alpine output and wire those to the rear.

Does this make sense to you Alpine experts?

Quick Reply: ICE Crisis ! (well, almost...)