UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Insurance problem.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance problem.

Some of you will remember i posted on the 31st March that a neighbours car had rolled backwards off his driveway, across the road onto my driveway and damaged my S. I am currently making a claim against his insurance company (Churchill) and i have been given the ok to have mine repaired (the estimate is
Old 04-12-2007, 04:10 AM

Pay your insurance monthly, then reclaim back the extra you have had to pay plus the premium for paying monthly (insurance companies charge you extra for paying monthly) if you normally pay in one go.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the reply matey; does anybody else have any thoughts or suggestions please ?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get the broker to put the quote though without the accident... get the broker to agree in writing to refund the difference when the claim is sorted
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM

Geoff, going through a broker you pay additional and I think do not get a good service.
They exist after all to make money from you and the insurance companies.

Why not phone Churchill for a quote and when they ask if you have any claims tell them there is a no fault claim outstanding and it is with their existing client.

In fact I insure a couple of our cars with them (I don't have any S2000's) and have found them to be excellent, especially after a couple of non fault incidents.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Dont you have 'No Claims' protection ? I have and never used it, just wondered if you have and your premium is still going up anyway ?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the further replies peeps and luka, yes, i do have no claims protection.

Geoff.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Geoff,

I have some experience in this area. Here's how it stands, any outstanding claims get counted as 'fault' claims until the matter is settled, you wont be able to get a quote for the settled claim until it's actually settled because they are only valid for 30 days.

You ARE able to claim back any lost funds as a result of the claim so if you are paying monthly for instance and pay increased premiums then your legal protection will be able to claim back the loss.

If you are claiming from the neighbours insurance directly you are on very thin ice, chruchill should be claiming from them on your behalf.

The other thing you can do is once your claim is completely settled, start a new insurance policy and force churchill to requote if it's not acceptable.

From your premium point of view, there's nothing further you can do, even if you had a signed statement saying it was their fault. Fortunately you'll get it back.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boab01,Apr 12 2007, 01:07 PM
Geoff,

I have some experience in this area. Here's how it stands, any outstanding claims get counted as 'fault' claims until the matter is settled, you wont be able to get a quote for the settled claim until it's actually settled because they are only valid for 30 days.

You ARE able to claim back any lost funds as a result of the claim so if you are paying monthly for instance and pay increased premiums then your legal protection will be able to claim back the loss.

If you are claiming from the neighbours insurance directly you are on very thin ice, chruchill should be claiming from them on your behalf.

The other thing you can do is once your claim is completely settled, start a new insurance policy and force churchill to requote if it's not acceptable.

From your premium point of view, there's nothing further you can do, even if you had a signed statement saying it was their fault. Fortunately you'll get it back.
Mate, it's my neighbour who is insured with Churchill, i'm with Norwich Union but through a broker. Norwich Union are claiming on my behalf from Churchill.

Geoff.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM

Sorry, was reading late. You're doing all you can just keep a note/receipt of every single penny that you lose, INCLUDING premiums. You will get money back but it'll be up to you to make sure you get all of it back.

Quick Reply: Insurance problem.