UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Insurance/tyres/audio

Old 10-24-2001, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance/tyres/audio

HI, it's that time of the year, anybody recommend insurers? Best online I've done so far is with Elephant ( owned by Admiral).

Whilst I'm on, I also need a new set of rears, preferences anyone? The originals were great in the dry, not so great in the wet! Mind you , at least they slide progressively. Any good stockists London South/Surrey?

Also, in return for questions, a small tip. I had an aftermarket 6cd stacker fitted, same model though
Old 10-24-2001, 05:07 AM

Tesco is proving pretty cheap insurance for a few guys on the board (myself included) - give them a try, they don't always want to quote over the net but its worth perservering and callin them up.

Don't know about tyres but Andy W is running S02 Pole Positions, its vital to get 245/45 rears fitted if you change from OEM Bridgestones though - they are a lot closer to 245 wide than 225! I used to swear by my Goodyear F1's they were awesome in the wet and pretty damn good in the dry, I've been thinking about some of these for winter driving or some Bridgestone S03s if they are available over here

I looked at the Alpine hookup CD myself, seemed a good deal but in the end I managed to get the OEM unit very cheap (with very naty rain cover ). One advantage you have is no loss of boot space, sounds a neat install.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nigel

Good tip on the cd autochanger instal position - I hadnt thought of that one (I was contemplating mounting in the toolbox area. Your suggestion sounds much better - thanks! Who did the install for you?

I see you are in the S. London / Surrey area - what colour car do you have? Where am I likely to see it - I live near East Grinstead, but drive to Croydon (mainly A22) each day (Silverstone / red, reg S2X00)

Hope to see you around

Ian
Old 10-24-2001, 06:42 AM

Hi,
CD'6 box' installed by Car Radio Alarms, Sutton 020 8661 1122.

I only get to drive my car at weekends and eves, as I get a company Lexus, so the woman in my life gets it (the car!) most days. She's usually around the Reigate area.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:48 AM

Might I be rude and ask how much the unit and install cost?
Old 10-24-2001, 09:36 AM

Hi,
No problem, the Honda dealer wanted
Old 10-24-2001, 09:37 AM

Micheldever tyres are good. They seem to be one of the most (If not the most) competitive for price. They supply a large section of the market. Their direct competitor is Universal Tyres (I don't know their numbers).

Sam.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:25 PM

Thanks for the price Nigel. Not too bad at all (did that include some sort of interface connector to like the OEM head unit to the Alpine autochanger?)

You asked about insurance and I know Tifosi Red has covered this - but just to encourage you to persevere with Tesco (you will have to phone - the website wont quote for an S2000) I got quotes from at least a dozen companies and Tesco were markedly cheaper than the others.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:59 PM

You need to factor fitting costs into this as well but these guys are very cheap (got my Infinitis from here)

Cheap ICE

I managed to get the OEM package for
Old 10-25-2001, 12:24 AM

Sorry for the confusion - the reason I was asking if there was an OEM head - Alpine autochanger included in Nigel's price was because I would not need one - I have fitted an Alpine head unit so the autochanger will plug straight in. This interface units are notoriously expensive for what they are!

Quick Reply: Insurance/tyres/audio