UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ive got a nice shiny new knob!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ukphil78,Jul 5 2007, 08:48 AM
Is the Spun aluminium a better match to the other aluminium bits in the dash than the Pearl?

http://www.ricks2k.com/products/viewer.php

From the pic above, its hard to tell.......
I've been reliably informed that the Pearl knob is a better match to the interior for >04 models than the others.

I'll let you know when mine arrives in the next couple of weeks!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t.winter,Jul 3 2007, 07:27 AM
lol, thanks carper!!
twitter n. Female perineum; that area of the anatomy between the twat and the shitter (qv). See also chin rest, duffys bridge.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 AM

I gotta change my name!! lol
Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 AM

Finally got around to getting the spun aluminium one - it is a very good match to the stereo cover and the rest of the metal interior bits.

When screwed on fully, the shift pattern does not align, so I have ordered some blue loctite threadlocker (as recommended by Rick) although it was a b*tch to find, and not cheap! If anyone needs it, let me know as imagine I will just use the stuff once.

One question. When fully screwed down, I am pretty sure the thread does not reach the top of the knob. It does not look as "low" as the pictures above. The actual shift stalk changes from the thread to a black plastic, which then widens around where the leather comes to. Its this wider plastic section which prevents the knob from screwing down any further - not running out of thread. Is this an MY04+ thing? Do the earlier models allow it to be mounted lower?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:03 AM

One question. When fully screwed down, I am pretty sure the thread does not reach the top of the knob. It does not look as "low" as the pictures above. The actual shift stalk changes from the thread to a black plastic, which then widens around where the leather comes to. Its this wider plastic section which prevents the knob from screwing down any further - not running out of thread. Is this an MY04+ thing? Do the earlier models allow it to be mounted lower?
There is no black plastic on the shift stalk in MY51 - Screws down all the way.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:13 AM

Sarren - how does yours look?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ukphil78,Aug 20 2007, 01:54 PM
Mine screwed down pretty low and I assumed it was the thread touching the top of the knob but I just had a quick look and it could well be the thicker part of the shaft touching the bottom of the knob that sets the limit

Knobbing thread
Old 08-20-2007, 06:36 AM

Hmm...ok. I might be asking people to go measure their knobs. Having said that, I don't think I could get mine any shorter if I wanted. Not without either filing down the plastic cover on the shaft, or enlarging the opening at the bottom of the knob.......neither of which I particularly fancy.

It just feels like it should go at least a quarter inch lower - and I am pretty sure the thread inside would allow for that.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:37 AM

I got a spun aluminium one but I felt it looked a bit like an odd ice cream cone or something so I had it powdercoated black. Mind you I have an 02 onterior so there is no aluminium on the centre console.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by ukphil78,Aug 20 2007, 03:13 PM
Sarren - how does yours look?
Mine arrived last week but I've yet to fit it. I'll post up pics when I've fitted it later this week

Quick Reply: Ive got a nice shiny new knob!