UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jack smiths

Old 02-24-2016, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[attachment=91739:IMAG1844.jpg]Fitted mine myself a couple of weeks ago. Bought the hood from Monsoon, very good quality. Fitting was very easy.[attachment=91738:IMAG1845.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Jack smiths-imag1845.jpg   Jack smiths-imag1844.jpg  
Old 02-24-2016, 01:47 PM
BCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quickmoose
So I braved the terrible weather and drove from Oxford to Swansea, found the place no problem, and found Mr Smith to be pretty much as described...that is to say 'outspoken'. I stayed downstairs watching him work and 'listening' for a good 3 hours, before he suggested I go upstairs and watch a film and warm up, which I did.
The new black hood is exactly as I expected also. It's not OEM but it is superb value for money. I have yet to spot any aspect or detail that annoys. Jack cleared out the drainage tubes, and fitted the Modifry roof elastics and after I settled the £290, I was off home in even worse weather!

Early days obviously, but highly recommended.

He did mention that a recent S2000 owner has yet to settle their bill...
Yup, he's still cheap, the roof is still good, you get decent value for money (at a cost of the trip to Swansea to listen to an uncomfortable rant.). I can't complain about the roof/cost/inconvenience, I was quite shocked by the conversation, but perhaps I should have been rude and just walked off instead of trying to change the topic for the entire time.

Not sure how someone can leave without paying their bill?!
Old 02-24-2016, 01:59 PM
BCA

Originally Posted by petrolhead88
BCA - can you expand on the racist comment?

I had no issues at Jack Smiths, I'm British Asian myself hence intrigued by your comment. My roof is still water tight 1 month on so no complaints with his work, can't stand racists though.
Emmigration, trump being misunderstood, 'us and them', certain faiths taking over etc etc...

Quite uncomfortable to say the least. He is entitled to his views, but I disagree with them and do not wish to be debating/ attempted to be 'persuaded' into his way of thinking.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

perhaps there's some women on here who claim to be 'men'....you know, the sensitive type etc
Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by BCA
Originally Posted by petrolhead88' timestamp='1455476471' post='23880551

I had no issues at Jack Smiths, I'm British Asian myself hence intrigued by your comment. My roof is still water tight 1 month on so no complaints with his work, can't stand racists though.
Emmigration, trump being misunderstood, 'us and them', certain faiths taking over etc etc...

Quite uncomfortable to say the least. He is entitled to his views, but I disagree with them and do not wish to be debating/ attempted to be 'persuaded' into his way of thinking.
If you don't want to hear what he has to say, why not do what i did go into Swansea for a bite to eat, or walk on the prom or something, come back in three or four hours to the job done and no conversation.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:14 AM

I wanted and had planned to do that... but the weather kept me pinned in there
Old 02-26-2016, 01:44 PM
BCA

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
Originally Posted by BCA' timestamp='1456354784' post='23890213
[quote name='petrolhead88' timestamp='1455476471' post='23880551']

If you don't want to hear what he has to say, why not do what i did go into Swansea for a bite to eat, or walk on the prom or something, come back in three or four hours to the job done and no conversation.
[/quote]

I recommend that yes, wanted to give people a heads up so that they can do that if they are similarly uncomfortable with such talk. I've probably made it seem softer than it was, but I got in my car after and thought 'thank fcuk I don't have to go through that again!'

Roof update; it's great still. Water tight, looks better and is quieter in normal driving. Had the top down for the first time since getting it done today for a quick blast, almost forgot how much fun it is without the roof up.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Surely there are taxi's in Swansea?!?!

If the weather is shit then call for a taxi and get yourself dropped off at a tescos cafe and stay there for a few hours.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by RobinA3
Surely there are taxi's in Swansea?!?!

If the weather is shit then call for a taxi and get yourself dropped off at a tescos cafe and stay there for a few hours.
Exactly, there is absolutely no need to stick around.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:12 PM

I can confirm there are taxis in Swansea ?!?!?!?!

To anyone that has a mind of their own though you can tune out the stuff you don't agree with and have an effective conversation with topics that are more agreeable, whch we did have.
I wasn't trapped. I just couldn't go for a stroll.... hope that's ok.

Fitted the roof liner today, roof is nice and tight, a few stray threads, excess glue to clean up...very very minor issues.

Quick Reply: Jack smiths