UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

It was just a matter of time

Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy It was just a matter of time

You're probably expecting a picture of a bent Imola Orange S2000 but I'm not that daft Nope, I was standing changing from shorts into jeans at the back of the car whilst talking to a friend when I bundled my gear in the boot and shut the lid. You've guessed it - the keys were in the jeans and I'd locked the centre consol for security We considered busting the centre flap open but in the end talked my flatmate into doing a 140 mile round trip with the spare set to bail me out. Felt rather dumb cause it was at a party with 30+ peeps there of which a fair number had been admiring the car and word of my error spread fast

To cheer me up though I had a rolling tussle with an Evo 6 (driver only) with me 2up and roof down and from 50-100 (I'd changes to kph of course ) he pulled hardly a car length - would have though it would be even on my jack jones and roof up Then I came accross an R32 (golf not skyline) that wanted to play and I was surprised the S was coming past (albeit quite slowly) even with the roof down. Golf was quick but the S was noticably quicker - a little dissapointed in the VW to be honest.

Farmers tan is coming along well after the weather today - we'll have to have a photo comp soon
Old 06-26-2005, 07:01 AM

Old 06-26-2005, 07:03 AM

LOL, i've done the same matey. Locked the key in the boot. I was lucky though, it was only a 10 minute walk to my home for the spare and of course 10 minutes back to the S.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:03 AM
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad !

In my pre-S days, I had to do a 200+ mile round trip because I had my uncle's house keys !!

Bharat
Old 06-26-2005, 08:33 AM

I think my name should be changed to Homer after the incident with the petrol nozzle whilst on holiday and then there is this story too. wife and I left for a drive but as I was about to leave I remembered I had left my sunglasses inside. So back I went with my house keys and being a MY02 the immobiliser fob was separate and I had put it on my home keys instead.

We drove for two hours or so and on the way home I stopped to get some petrol. When I got back to the car it wouldn't start and I started to frantically search for the fob which was nowhere to be found. Shit it must still be attached to the front door lock! Called a cab to take me home and he is chatting away and I want to put a bullet in his head! Get home to find the front door wide open and had been this way for around 2 and a bit hours! Nobody noticed, locked the house and went to get my car. Quite good, no?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:59 AM
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very very lucky Rahula !!

Bharat
Old 06-26-2005, 09:44 AM

I know, in this day and age you'd expect your entire house to have been taken in that time!!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:08 AM

I did this in a Crysler Sebring 4-seat convertible a few years ago. I was in the desert, though! After panicking, I took the entire back parcel shelf apart, all the liners and the fastenings studs and managed to squeeze my arm through a cable hole in the bodywork to reach the keys in the boot. It's scary stuff and I really hate the fact that it's possible to do it in the first place.

Oh, and I never lock my front door, either. Maybe I should before Arran Meet 3 !
Old 06-26-2005, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Classic Saxo, and no doubt something I would do as well

I remember Lee taking his mile long walk to the garage to get Izzy. Got there and had to walk all the way back as he had the keys from the original S rather than Izzy's
Old 06-27-2005, 05:07 AM

I locked my keys in my Toyota Supra once (back in the days when you could lock the door from the inside, hold up the handle and shut the door.)

I phoned the AA who came out pronto, unlocked the car and handed over the keys (after asking me to identify the contents of my boot to make sure I was indeed the owner of said Supra.)

Not sure if they still do this, though.

Quick Reply: It was just a matter of time