UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

keeping clean

Old 07-27-2001, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keeping clean

Ok guys,

Can everyone post how they keep their cars really clean... my car is sooo dirty (I drive along muddy countrylanes everyday)...

please send me your tips on keeping your s2k showroom shiny.

Ive read all the american posts, but they have totally different brands to over here and I'd like to know which brands you guys use... ie: car plan, turtle wax, autoglym, halfords budget wash 'n' go... etc .

thanks,

jonathan
Old 07-27-2001, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Na$ty

I have an Autoglym Video on how to use all the products, the products are the best we can get, AnDy has seen it and he thinks it good.
If you send me a private e-mail with your address I can post it on to you to copy.

Dave
S2000 DJ
Old 07-28-2001, 12:02 AM

Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner
Autoglym Pure Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
Autoglym Fabric Hood Cleaner

i think you get the picture

But, wait for it....

Halfords Wet Look Type Dressing
Plexus
Old 07-28-2001, 12:22 AM

I have just about every Auto Glym product going, they are of a very high quality.
The video helps a lot also, well worth getting / viewing if you get the chance.
My only non-Auto Glym product is Plexus, another 'must have'.

Old 07-28-2001, 01:32 AM

Thanks guys,

[This is what I use already]
- Luke Warm Water
- AutoGlym Shampoo Conditioner
- AutoGlym Super Resin Polish
- TurtleWax: ClearVue - Glass Cleaner
- TurtleWax: Extreme (cockpit,bumper and tyre shine)

[on order]
- Plexus

I think I should just get the entire Autoglym range.

Dave, I think that video would help me a lot... i tend to get areas that have water spots and streaks. I'll PM my address to you if thats ok.

jonathan
Old 07-28-2001, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y

. i tend to get areas that have water spots and streaks. I'll PM my address to you if thats ok.

jonathan [/B]
The trick to stop this is wash part of the car and then rinse it quickly. I tend to wash half, hose it down and then I use a water blade to get rid of the water. I then repeat for the other side and finally get rid of any remaining water with a shammy. It works well, you can get the waterblades from Costco for about a fiver, I believe autoglym have just brought one out which you should be able to get from Halfords and the like but its about a tenner.
Old 07-28-2001, 02:00 AM

Has anyone seen this... tyre dressing. Available in 4 flavours: blue, red, green and sliver ? not sure about it to be honest, I like the satin/semi gloss black wet look.

tyre dressing

Originally posted by UKjasonm

---------
But, wait for it....

Halfords Wet Look Type Dressing
Plexus
Old 07-28-2001, 08:35 AM

The Auto Glym tyre dressing is all you need, simply spray on and walk away, leaves the tyres like new.
Old 07-28-2001, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by UKjasonm

The trick to stop this is wash part of the car and then rinse it quickly. I tend to wash half, hose it down and then I use a water blade to get rid of the water. I then repeat for the other side and finally get rid of any remaining water with a shammy. It works well, you can get the waterblades from Costco for about a fiver, I believe autoglym have just brought one out which you should be able to get from Halfords and the like but its about a tenner.
Yes I agree with this totally. A hose is a big help.I pre-wet the car all over to loosen any caked on dirt. I then shampoo the top of the car, windows all round and the sides about halfway down. I then hose clean what I've done, before shampooing the lower half of the car, boot and bonnet. Washing the tail pipes at the same time keeps them gleaming.I then hose off again. I really take my time then over cleaning the tyre walls and wheels and running an old sponge around inside the wheel arches.I then hose the wheels clean and the car all over once more, before leathering off in the time honoured fashion. I do this once a week never more often. I have been known to miss if it's not too dirty.
Old 07-28-2001, 01:49 PM

I've seen the water blades but was always scared about scratching, are they safe ?

By the way my company edited the Auto Glym video and I ended up with the whole range. As you can guess I thoroughly recommend them but I'n stiil going toabout to give some Zaino ,that I picked up in the States, a go.

Quick Reply: keeping clean