UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Kiwi's list of problems with "S"

Old 08-04-2008, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Kiwi's list of problems with "S"

Well as most of you know, I got my car back on Friday afternoon, at about 3:45pm. The only things still outstanding were to reset engine light and SRS light, so I told them no worries, I'll whip it down to honda, and they do it straight away for me, so that what I did.

Then after work shot home, waited for the pup myster to arrive, and when he did we had a nosey around the car, and found some alarming things wrong.

Problems found so far:
1. Wish bone bolts not tightened..... at top or rear... AT ALL... FINGER LOOSE...
2. Dash not secured... ( infact could probably pull it out with a good tug.. )
3. Wind deflector put on back to front, and scratched to buggery with a screw driver..
4.Ignition 1 (key turn) no power
5.Front bumper is a completely different colour... to the rest of the car....
6.Audio controls no longer work at all, except for mute button & start button.
7. Pass side roof down vent, not connected properly.
8. SRS light will not reset (Tried three times)
9. Engine management light (back on) engine airpump low on voltage.(Brought new Battery still not sorted it)
10. Glove box hinge, cracked
11. Roll Loop marked (Gauged in plastic)
12. Front brake disc (left) slightly bent (Touches in one place when free turning the wheel)
13. Airbag on steering wheel doesn't much, and is marked

So anyway car is going into the boys & girls at Honda tomorrow for an MOT and service, I have asked them to take more of a look at and list another problems they found.

It is booked in to go back to the repairer on Wednesday, for them to take a look and see what they say/do.

As this is an insuranced approved repairer should I phone the insurance company, and let them know what has happened/going on??

Cheers
Kiwi
Old 08-04-2008, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats some list !!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Definately lodge a formal, written complaint after doing it over the phone today.

Approved means only that they are cheap, most are sh*t too, as you have found out unfortuately.
You are never obliged to use an approved repairer, so don't, ever.
Most are working to about
Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 AM

i had a similar prob with my approved repairer , and i phoned the insurance company, just to let them know and they were helpful

they contacted them and everything was sorted quickly
Old 08-04-2008, 04:13 AM

that's cr*p Kiwi

As others have said I think I'd let the insurance company know just to cover yourself in case anything else gets cocked up when they have it back.

they resolve it all
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 AM

Sorry to hear this fella. Not good, especially when you use the "approved" people.

Hope it's all sorted for you ASAP.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:30 AM

Call them immediately and let them know what problems have been found so far
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Sooner rather than later, and don't accept the car back until you are happy with it.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phoned the insurance company, they took in there stride.

They are going to phone the repaired and fax them also.

So we will see what happens...........

Kiwi
Old 08-04-2008, 05:39 AM

I wouldn't go back to that repairer with the car, this happened to me once with a beemer, an approved repairer took the car, bought the new bonnet couldn't fit it properly, the paint job was awful. I took it back to the repairer and told them that I wasn't going to let them loose on it again, even though they protested and wanted another bash I refused. Told the insurance that I wanted it to go to main dealers, they eventually agreed (so they now had to pay twice for the job) - BMW had a look said the reason the originals couldn't fit the bonnet was because the car was out of alignment so no amount of hammering etc was going to make it fit, the paint they used originally was the wrong type and mixed and applied wrong etc etc etc ....

In short, I will never go to a insurer approved again, when I had to have my S repaired I went to the most expensive biggest reputation guy around, they did a fantastic job first time not with the insurance companies suggested repairer.

Col, my opinion is take it back to them only to show them why you are taking it elsewhere, don 't leave it with them. PM me if you want the details of the guys that did mine.

Quick Reply: Kiwi's list of problems with "S"