UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which Knob

Old 03-14-2003, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing to consider.........I didn't get anything engraved on my knob (??!!) because of previous comments on this forum regarding folks not being able to align the engraving (ie. your shift pattern is not in line with the car but at an angle). I'm really fussy about stuff like that so decided to avoid it. There were some threads on this a while ago and maybe some fixes but cannot remember. Worth checking out before you order the shift pattern.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Neil
One thing to consider.........I didn't get anything engraved on my knob (??!!) because of previous comments on this forum regarding folks not being able to align the engraving (ie. your shift pattern is not in line with the car but at an angle). I'm really fussy about stuff like that so decided to avoid it. There were some threads on this a while ago and maybe some fixes but cannot remember. Worth checking out before you order the shift pattern.
Yep - I did the same for the same reasons Neil. I actually prefer the look of the unaborned knob.

However, if you do go for engraving, do not worry - if you use loctite there should be no problems with squiffy shift patterns of logo's
Old 03-14-2003, 04:36 AM

in this case I might leave the knob alone and go for the polished finish

one thing, can you get a decent grip on the knob if it's shiny?, my '01 Knob as a brushed aluminum effect and seems quite grippy
Old 03-14-2003, 04:55 AM

Haven't driven with mine yet but never heard any issues on this from other users so assume all is well!.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by zero_to60
one thing, can you get a decent grip on the knob if it's shiny?, my '01 Knob as a brushed aluminum effect and seems quite grippy
Nope - grip is A1 - only prob's are with it getting bloody cold in the winter and bloody hot in the summer

(but then you can always buy a 'knob sock'....now if ever there was a topic for a long Friday afternoon it has to be knob socks )
Old 03-14-2003, 05:37 AM

Also ordered a sock to go with my new knob but hasn't arrived yet so guess I'll just have to live with a cold knob for a few more weeks!!!.

Let the innuendo's commence!.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:48 AM

Originally posted by Neil
I used a pile of washers glued to the top of the stick to align the shift pattern. Keep adding them until they are the correct height to stop the knob screwing further than it should
If I was to buy another, I wouldn't bother with the shift pattern at all.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:52 AM

I was looking at a knob sock to be honest I've not found my knob that cold first thing in the morning and I am up quite early

perhaps the polished knob may be colder, the standard knob warms up if you rub it while driving along
Old 03-14-2003, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zero_to60
[B]Due to the fact that mine is getting scratched by my wedding ring I am looking to change my Knob
Old 03-14-2003, 06:50 AM

on a serious note I get quite a lot of vibration coming up through stick and the knob shakes about quite a bit

is this normal

Quick Reply: Which Knob