UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Kristian's Formula Red S2000

Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... What are people's views...

Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KristianP
Hmm... What are people's views...

I've always prefferred the diamond cut wheels to any other refurb, but they don't last ultimately.

Black or dark wheels look much better in person than picture to my eyes. Especially with a red H on a red car.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As above - they look really good, but diamond cut more so.

Is that a Copper next door?

You're doing a really good job at improving the car within the realms of the OEM spec - keep up the good work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 10:16 AM

Yeah, it's DanbeS2k's , there's 3 or 4 coppers on the same street.

Yeah I prefer the oem look, before I bought the car I had the ideas of getting this and getting that, but after owning the car, it's amazing as it is! I 'be kind of done my stripped out race car phase with my integra but by the end, it just started to annoy me. The S is a grown up kind of car (and I'm in no way saying the DC2 was for kids) and is awesome as it is.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:04 PM

So after about 45 minuets and nearly cutting off my left hand I managed to change the standard yellow sidelight bulbs for my new PIIA white led ones. The picture isn't great but it looks much better. At £25 for two though I hope they last a while...!

Just ordered a backyard special seat rail from injection imports so that should be here in about 4 weeks, along with my front lip from Honda and the master cylinder brace. Hopefully my rear spoiler should be painted by tomorrow so I can get that fitted soon and my Dixcel's should arrive next week so I can get my hoses fitted and change the brake fluid. It also means I can get the Calliper's off and clean them up as they are painted with red vht paint at the moment which I think looks a bit tacky. I'll be painting them silver to look standard.

Using the same hammerite paint that I used to do the Calliper's on my Integra. It's really durable and gives a good finish. In fact after almost 2 years, they looked as good as the day I painted them.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM

Nice car and nice simple additions do wonders to these cars.

Also glad your using it daily as having these cars just sat in a garage seems a waste
Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 PM

I do love driving it, but I'm not going to lie. It makes me cringe every time I look at the odometer. I'm already on 14,500 now.... Still, I agree, I much prefer driving this to a ford fiesta or, god forbid, the awful BMW I had before this everyday.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Don't worry about the mileage, I got mine in July on 35k, its now just over 50k.

That includes 1 autosolo and 1 trackday, once you start on those you forget the mileage even more due to the really silly grin
Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 PM

So, I did my oil change and whilst I was there I had a look at the clutch slave cylinder for good measure. There was a slight nipple forming on the end of the ram so I gave that a good polish and used a dermel and polishing wheel to get in the ball socket on the release fork. I used a aerosol based grease made by Molykote called G Rapid Plus as it has a very low friction coefficient, water resistant and has a heat range of -35 - 450 degrees C. I recommend it to everyone, we use it at work a lot and it's really easy to apply as it is aerosol based. It comes with a long tube, like WD-40 so is ideal to get to the end of the release fork.

I couldn't believe the immediate difference it made to the clutch pedal feel! It's soooo smooth now =) I couldn't resist going for a spirited drive at 6am this morning when I finished my shift. Lovey clear roads, sun and clear sky's, nice and cool air temperature. Perfect =)
Old 05-02-2014, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Noted....think ill grab me some of that. :-)

I used to be up at 4am for work, love an early drive

Quick Reply: Kristian's Formula Red S2000