UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

LED style fog/side lights in the faux vents

Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LED style fog/side lights in the faux vents

Hi all

I am a fan of the honda odyssey fog lights in the AP1 bumper but sourcing a set is difficult and expensive in the UK (minimum £300 from what I have searched for)

odyssey fitted
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=64076&st=0

cheaper here
http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyext01.html

Now since the introduction of OEM Leds on current cars and the chavvy add ons to saxo's etc I looking at possibly fitting a set into the faux vents, I have put on a flame proof suit in readyness.

I have sourced a spare AP1 bumper to test fit them to and I have been looking for a suitable length set this week with an acceptable amount of white light but not really found anything yet. Personally I think If I can get a set horizontally into the faux vent I 'may' be able to carry it off.

Has anybody on here looked into this? Most of you will hate the idea but nothing ventured.......
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was fully expecting not to like them but I kinda do.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I toyed with this idea after buying oem running lamps for our Merc, with them being oem they looked the part.

I was hunting around for a small strip of leds to put on the S but decided against it for the fact there is a corsa going around with them on near me and it makes me cringe looking at his car and i decided against it, i would like to see it done mind.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iNTOXiCATiON,Feb 10 2011, 07:01 AM
I was hunting around for a small strip of leds to put on the S but decided against it for the fact there is a corsa going around with them on near me and it makes me cringe looking at his car and i decided against it, i would like to see it done mind.
yeah thats what worries me too, I dont like the round style fogs so I hope to find a suitable set of leds
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 AM

I actually rather like DRL's, and I do think they look good when fitted as standard.

I've yet to see a car with them fitted aftermarket that doesn't look utterly awful, however.

Personally I think the only way they could work on the S2K is to model them on the Aston V8V - the headlights are similar enough in shape to suggest that it could look nice if done well. I've had a few thoughts on ways to do it but I just can't bring myself to
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 AM

The EK fog light conversion is best IMO. LED add ons look super tacky but I'd love for you to prove me wrong
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 AM

I'd like to see it done and I think you might get away with it, but having a spare bumper is a great idea, because if it goes wrong, it could look deeply horrid.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Banned

if the fitment of the lights in the bumper was better i think it would look good but they arent quite the correct fit,

i would make the cut out and fit a larger lamp or smaller one behind it that fits flush with the back of the bumper,

Anyone got pics of ek ones fitted?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Banned

just found this on google and think it looks loads better

ap1 s2000 with civic ek foglamps and fitting surround.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:52 AM
DCC

That looks like it has the DRL led strip under the headlight too...

The problem with fogs, is that you will of course use them at night without fog, and they may look cool, but everyone else on the road will hate you with a passion!

Quick Reply: LED style fog/side lights in the faux vents