UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Living the S2000 Dream!

Old 09-06-2023, 03:21 AM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice where are you getting the rust treatment done?
Old 09-06-2023, 03:39 AM

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by IGoddard
I had the car in for an alignment check. Turns out everything was a fair bit out of alignment! The mechanic was unable to get the rear off side camber to budge - I'm not sure what the fix is but it sounds like bush replacements in the control arms?
Yes, unfortunately the alignment bolt will be rusted and seized onto the bush sleeve, the bolt will need cut before the arm can be removed and the bush changed. If it's only one alignment bolt needing cut then you're lucky!
Old 09-06-2023, 06:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mat-i-
Nice where are you getting the rust treatment done?
At The Motorist just outside Leeds. I was hoping for JR Classics but they are booked for the next 12 months it seems!

Originally Posted by WallaceS2K
Yes, unfortunately the alignment bolt will be rusted and seized onto the bush sleeve, the bolt will need cut before the arm can be removed and the bush changed. If it's only one alignment bolt needing cut then you're lucky!
Sounds like a job for next spring when I bring out of hibernation . It needs doing though, I'm current a camber of 0 on the offside and -1.4 on the drivers.
Old 09-16-2023, 06:03 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

So the car has been rusted corrected, sealed and cavity wax'd. They look to have done a good job from what I can tell, though they never left it on the ramp for me to inspect. I think that is it for corrective work until the spring. I might get the alloys refurbished and some premium car mats during the winter.

I have noticed over the last month or so that clutch is feeling a bit weird. Sometimes light, sometimes heavy and often sticks to the floor after being depressed. The last couple of drives I have noticed a burning smell when trying to reverse up a slight incline on my drive. The previous owner had docs for a clutch and master cylinder change ~20k miles ago, the MS looks to be OEM but no idea on the clutch so I'm thinking probably just replace it for OEM, and do the flywheel and slave cylinder whilst I'm at it. Hopefully that will sort it.

Jobs for next year:
  • Hoping for a full respray and any rust areas corrected - though it does look clean of rust to the eye.
  • Will try and sort out of the camber adjustment issues.
  • New clutch parts.