UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Low life scums! (rant ahead)

Old 04-04-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low life scums! (rant ahead)

Sorry to vent my anger guys, but something happened to my beloved beastie this weekend that has never happened to a car of mine over here in quiet old Jersey - yep, some utter bastard keyed it outside my house! And during the daytime!

I'd gone for a blat with the missus, then came back to watch the Grand National (all her horses fell over, collapsed, exploded, etc - haha) then went out again to enjoy the fine weather. "What's that?" says she-who-must-be-obeyed, pointing at the driver's sider rear wheel arch.

Why, its a nice long (12 inches) scratch, freshly done as a) it wasn't there before and believe me I'd notice and b) there was still tiny chips of paint around it. W@nkers! Having a look at the rest of the car, I find a frankly f*cking awful double key line above the front wheel arch, thats gone straight through the paintwork into the metal. F*CK F*CK F*CK

I am not a happy chappy. This sort of thing VERY rarely happens here, and to my knowledge, usually to the seriously snobby cars, and in broad daylight next to a main road????? AAARGH.

OK, so I know there's no major damage, and its not like I've crashed her or something, but to think that some f*ckwit has walked past on a lovely Saturday afternoon and thought "ooh some rich bastard has a nicer car than me - I'll key it" - that makes my blood boil. Good job I didn't catch him/them in the act.

Sorry to rant but I'm sure most of you can appreciate how shitty it makes you feel when someone else hurts your pride and joy.

GRRRRRRRRR

Not a very happy Ben
Old 04-04-2004, 01:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know how you feel.

Some tw*ts tried something on my car last weekend. Luckily I caught the feckers outside my mums house.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:46 PM

Ben,

Hope the W@nkers! die a slow & painfull death!!!

If you catch them we could organise a S2KI stoning event!

Deepest sympathies!
Old 04-04-2004, 01:49 PM

Sorry to hear this Ben.

Many years ago I had my Triumph Spitfire parked outside. I heard an odd seried of thimps. Looked out to see some kids running off. One had run up the bonnet over the soft top and down the boot.

Then last week a pony in our field (which ajoins our river where some people insist on fishing - even when we explain we own the rights and ask them to leave) was having problems. Fishing hook through its lip.

A few years ago kids set fire to a bridge over the river. Maybe 50 feet long - so not a small structure.

Caught some kids throwing things at some ducks. As I had my strimmer in my hand I challenged them. Turned out they were throwing bread!
Old 04-04-2004, 01:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that irony you put before us?
Old 04-04-2004, 01:55 PM

What really narks me is that I've polished the car for the first time ever (yes, I know - hangs head in shame) in anticipation of my trip to the Nurburgring this Thursday.

Car totally spotless, oil topped up, alloys gleaming, paintwork gorgeous - except now with two huge scratches.

Bugger.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Bad luck Ben.

Any idea who might have done it?

I assume you can guess which way they were travelling etc?

Hope it's sorted out soon.

Old 04-04-2004, 02:12 PM

Sorry Ben, you know you have everyone here feeling for you.
I've never been this jumpy with other cars parked outside, every noise gets me up checking it out.
Must move to some quieter area this year!
Old 04-04-2004, 02:29 PM

No ideas except there are alledgedly a group of kids who enjoy getting supermarket trolleys and pushing them down narrow lanes into parked cars - nice!

Don't think I've pissed anybody off recently - other than the vast numbers of drivers that I've overtaken/cruised past/shown the error of their ways, etc.

I'm hoping to move soon anyway but it really put a dampener on my weekend - even though the missus did her best to cheer me up! hehehe
Old 04-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry to hear it ben, but have fun at the Ring

Quick Reply: Low life scums! (rant ahead)