UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Lowering the standard seat

Old 05-05-2015, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering the standard seat

I realise that this is one of those topics like 'what wheels fit my S2000' but I've searched quite a lot and the options seem to be as follows:

- Buy lowered seat rail

- Cut foam from the seat base

Is there another option that involves modifying the standard seat rail? I've not been able to find a definitive write up for it if there is.

I'm looking to just try a lower seating position before commiting to a new seat/different cage for the track car as I have just put a Safety21 cage in and my head is a bit too close to the top bar with my helmet on.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:00 AM

It seems to me that trying to lower the stock seats by any real margin, is a bit of a mission. Obviously BYS do the lowering rails, but they only lower the base so i understand?

It's a bit of a cop out and not the cheapest way to go about it but i found that my side mounted, fixed buckets have made the world of difference to my position in the car. I didn't realise how bad the position was for me until i got lower down in the car.

Best mod I've done to my car, by a mile.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:48 AM

I'm probably going to end up doing that to be honest because harnesses dont fit too well over the standard seats I was just trying to avoid spending another few hundred quid for at least a couple of months.I might have another go at fitting my old CRX bucket seats now I have a bit more room without the carpets and a few other small bits of trim.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What seats and rails did you go for Rob? I'm thinking about doing this. The standard seats dont hold me in as much as I'd like when really going for it
Old 05-05-2015, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by RichwiththeS2000
What seats and rails did you go for Rob? I'm thinking about doing this. The standard seats dont hold me in as much as I'd like when really going for it
I've got Buddyclub P1's on Buddyclub super low rails. As I said, this has been far and away the best mod I've done to the car since owning it. On track it's made the world of difference, gives you the confidence to push harder because you're getting so much more feedback through your backside. I can't recommend them enough. Make sure you get the xl ones though, because the std ones are unbelievably small!

Not the best pic, but the finished result is pretty pleasing

Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

I reccomend the lower seat rail, i am not massively tall at 5'8 but still find the standard seat too high so i fitted a BYS lower seat rail to my previous S2000 and i have just ordered another one for my current S2000, they have come down in price due to the exchange rate - £210 delivered.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Just fitted one myself too, loads better! Wish I'd done it years ago.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:25 AM

The lowered rail is something I'm interested in, but its not so much of a problem in mine that it's worth £210. Maybe once I've sorted the other bits!
Old 05-06-2015, 12:36 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Added bonus is that you'll get your money back when you come to sell it.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by surfer_crx
I realise that this is one of those topics like 'what wheels fit my S2000' but I've searched quite a lot and the options seem to be as follows:

- Buy lowered seat rail

- Cut foam from the seat base

Is there another option that involves modifying the standard seat rail? I've not been able to find a definitive write up for it if there is.

I'm looking to just try a lower seating position before commiting to a new seat/different cage for the track car as I have just put a Safety21 cage in and my head is a bit too close to the top bar with my helmet on.
Yes you can modify the OEM seat pan to lower it.

Have a look at Ste_Nova's post here Link

Quick Reply: Lowering the standard seat