UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

membership renewal

Old 09-23-2015, 04:53 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by kw_21
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1442998586' post='23755287
[quote name='kw_21' timestamp='1442994548' post='23755264']
Thought the membership discounts were for S2KUK members? Got that card...
Different clubs, different cards. Read this: https://www.s2ki.com/...st__p__12377057
You mean my TWO membership payments to TWO different organisations are not for the SAME club???
[/quote]

Yep

You'd be amazed at how often this comes up.

For those (unlike kw) who haven't figured this out yet. Two payments, two clubs, two different membership cards!
Old 09-23-2015, 05:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by kw_21' timestamp='1443010328' post='23755374
[quote name='lovegroova' timestamp='1442998586' post='23755287']
[quote name='kw_21' timestamp='1442994548' post='23755264']
Thought the membership discounts were for S2KUK members? Got that card...
Different clubs, different cards. Read this: https://www.s2ki.com/...st__p__12377057
You mean my TWO membership payments to TWO different organisations are not for the SAME club???
[/quote]

Yep

You'd be amazed at how often this comes up.

For those (unlike kw) who haven't figured this out yet. Two payments, two clubs, two different membership cards!
[/quote]

Other than the usability of the classifieds part of the forum, both memberships are total waste of f@#king money.

OK yeah you may get discounts from SOME companies, no more so than a well placed call.

As for the membership card, what is the freaking point in those, show them to the barman for a discount? flash it at delinquents to impose authority? cut it up and throw it in the bin as you don't want to look like a complete and utter cuntbag?
Old 09-23-2015, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up that there is a membership to sign up too.
just joined the forum and loving the help / advise / banter.
so will be good to see what my 20 dollars adds to the experience - discount on upgrades i didn't know i needed i imigine !!

richbk
Old 09-23-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richbk
Thanks for the heads up that there is a membership to sign up too.
just joined the forum and loving the help / advise / banter.
so will be good to see what my 20 dollars adds to the experience - discount on upgrades i didn't know i needed i imigine !!

richbk
Ain't that the truth.....
Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth

Other than the usability of the classifieds part of the forum, both memberships are total waste of f@#king money.

We won't be expecting you at a club organised meet at any point soon then...
Do you think the meet pixies get all these to happen. I for one am happy the club is there to support the ones I organise which I've not had any complaints about from members to date.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by andy2000

We won't be expecting you at a club organised meet at any point soon then...
Do you think the meet pixies get all these to happen. I for one am happy the club is there to support the ones I organise which I've not had any complaints about from members to date.

I never realised that Minvo / other meet organiser recieved a a cut from the "budget" membership budgets.....

Next meet I organise with my local group I must remember to charge them a membership fee and provide useless cards too....

I appreciate that this website is not free, and there must be a fee for our use however 2 separate memberships which are too much IMHO and provide exceptionally little unless you are spending the big bucks, is totally pointless.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

I never realised that Minvo / other meet organiser recieved a a cut from the "budget" membership budgets.....

Next meet I organise with my local group I must remember to charge them a membership fee and provide useless cards too....
Dont be a tw*t, no we do not. we contribute our time and occasionally there are some expenses that need to be covered.

I'm glad everythign in Mikeworld happens at zero cost. must be great for you....

but knowing your posts elsewhere you'll rattle on about stuff you know nothing about so I'll consider this conversation closed.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:16 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I've recovered the cost of my S2KUK membership many times over, so it's been a bargain. I've also been required to produce a membership card to obtain some of those discounts.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by andy2000
Originally Posted by mikefifth' timestamp='1443022084' post='23755563

Dont be a tw*t, no we do not. we contribute our time and occasionally there are some expenses that need to be covered.

I'm glad everythign in Mikeworld happens at zero cost. must be great for you....

but knowing your posts elsewhere you'll rattle on about stuff you know nothing about so I'll consider this conversation closed.
Welcome to the "cuntlist", please make yourself comfortable.

Actually I take the above back, sorry.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate that this website is not free, and there must be a fee for our use however 2 separate memberships which are too much IMHO and provide exceptionally little unless you are spending the big bucks, is totally pointless.
I assume you were drunk when you posted this. I cannot believe you are being serious ????

Quick Reply: membership renewal