UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

More drivel from Driven

Old 11-28-2001, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
As for Le Mans.... damn but I'd love to storm the Mulsane straight (152........153.......154...... er.. whats the braking distance from 155 )
Seems like you need a trip down through Germany. There's something very special about driving at high speed on a wide public road carrying light traffic - legally

Maybe we should arrange a summer meet in Passau

Pete
Old 11-28-2001, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by tokyo_james
A TVR has always been the car that I would love to have.... if it wasn't for the reliability (or lack of it

If they could sort out their reliability issues they would have many many more buyers I am sure...
You got that right - me for one!

Pete
Old 11-29-2001, 12:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you read all the posts on this board, the S2000 is unreliable, engines blow up etc etc. Which just helps to prove that you always remember the horror stories, no matter what percentage of owners they are from.

TVR's are worse for reliability than Honda - but it doesn't mean every one if off the road all the time. Yes, I do know a TVR owner. He's had less trouble with his car than I have with the S2000.

Besides, why do you think TVR's have big boots and lots of torque? It's so you can carry your toolkit and not blunt peformance

-Brian.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by bmarshall
Besides, why do you think TVR's have big boots and lots of torque? It's so you can carry your toolkit and not blunt peformance

-Brian.
LOL! I like that!

Pete
Old 11-29-2001, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you read all the posts on this board, the S2000 is unreliable, engines blow up etc etc. Which just helps to prove that you always remember the horror stories, no matter what percentage of owners they are from.

TVR's are worse for reliability than Honda - but it doesn't mean every one if off the road all the time. Yes, I do know a TVR owner. He's had less trouble with his car than I have with the S2000.

Good point
Old 11-29-2001, 02:59 PM

-Brian.
I think you have a good point there. However, they have that reputation now, and it is going to take a hell of a lot of good publicity before they lose it... which is a shame as I still love their cars....
Old 11-29-2001, 03:11 PM

I'm not sure about the lack of robustness of the current crop of TVR's. Simon's done nearly 12K miles in his Tuscan and it's only been off the road for the two weeks waiting for the new tyre. Apart from that it's started first time, every time. However, I did get the horrible crunching trying to get it into reverse..... Now who would have thought that you had to put it into 5th before putting it into reverse

Interestingly, on the Tuscan the bonnet is in two halves. The front half opens to reveal all your fluids etc. The back half is sealed. Opening the back half of the bonnet invalidates the warranty!!!!

Now I've never been a real fan of the looks of the Tuscan but I've got to admit that I'm now quite tempted. Especially if they release a "soft" version of it a la Tamora. The 1.7 turns lock to lock makes just too nervous for me.....
Old 11-29-2001, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by awinskill
The 1.7 turns lock to lock makes just too nervous for me.....

Wow, that would take some getting used to I am sure....
Old 11-29-2001, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by tokyo_james

Wow, that would take some getting used to I am sure....

Agreed
Old 11-29-2001, 11:24 PM

I would have thought it would be quite difficult to get used to it round a......

Quick Reply: More drivel from Driven