UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Muz Mats for the Roof well?

Old 01-28-2002, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muz Mats for the Roof well?

Do these actually work?

My rear screen has got some nasty scratches on it and I'm tempted to buy one.

Can you get them in the UK or do they have to come from Aus?

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Old 01-28-2002, 12:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike

You have to order them from Muz in Australia (he is a site sponsor - just hit 'full sponsor listing' at the bottom of the page).

I believe the mat helps reduce scratching - but it does not eliminate it (I have been sooooo careful with the plastic screen (I have had the car from new) but it is still scratched ) If you would like to see the mat (plus the floor mats) before ordering - give me a a shout and we can arrange to meet a a mutually convenient pub. Nothing like inspecting floor mats in a dark pub carpark!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 01:20 PM

I've used a strip of self adhesive thin foam tape which is about 3" wide and is stuck just where the screen folds and hits the plastic well. Seems to have done the trick.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:34 PM

I have found Muz's products to be high quality and I would recommend them to anybody.
You could probably quite easily make your own roof well mat though.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the roof mats before the car - as I was so paranoid of the plastic roof.

Anybody who had to measure inside the roof well to make something deserves a medal - it was much simpler just to click and receive it in the post.

Recently used the Honda plastic cleaner - and it has returned the window almost to new, but still noticed some scratches.

With the new clean clear window - I feel less bothered about not having the glass one.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kobe
[B]

Recently used the Honda plastic cleaner - and it has returned the window almost to new, but still noticed some scratches.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:16 AM

Originally posted by Kobe
With the new clean clear window - I feel less bothered about not having the glass one.
I've had some Meguirs (?sp) clear plastic polish shipped in from the USA to try out on my screen once the lid comes off, I've read numerous good reviews of it shifting minor scratches in Wash & wax.

I took my Muz Mat along to the dealership to pick up my car I'm that paranoid about scratches and I'm sure its a wise investment but I also believe the fold lines from extended constriction under the hardtop are going to prove more of a problem in my case...
Old 01-29-2002, 04:43 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
but I also believe the fold lines from extended constriction under the hardtop are going to prove more of a problem in my case...
Did you put anything in the crease to try to prevent this? I got a piece of polystyrene type pipe-lagging wrapped in soft black material and jammed the ends in each side of the window, along the "crease line", before I folded the hood down for the winter.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:48 AM

Yep, I had a Coastal Metals tube in there that I replaced with a genuine Muz tube..... it didn't look very pretty though when I did the swap
Old 01-29-2002, 04:51 AM

Have you also used Plexus Kobe? If so, how do the 2 products compare?
No - I could never find the Plexus and did not get round to having some imported. The Honda stuff did not look very suitable - since it had a picture of a motorbike on it! and it looks like brown mastik - so I was a bit nervous spreading it all over the window. Tried it in one corner and OK, but the best result was when I did inside and outside at the same time. Then looked as close to glass as you could expect.

Quick Reply: Muz Mats for the Roof well?