UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My JDM Type V VGS S2000

Old 07-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not at the moment, its a 99 about 50k on the clock. Imported it from JP in 2005 and it need some titivating. it was originally owned by Honda JP and displayed in a showroom, kindly they added a hood with a glass screen and a couple of other little bits. Then bought by Spoon Jp and I bought it from them. Came to me with about 5k on the clock.

Unfortunately its picked up some small dents and dings over the last few years, so had been toying with the idea of turning it in to a track day toy. But now just the practical enjoyment has got the better of me and I'm going to give it a full restoration to original condition. Then keep it to hopefully pass on to my kids etc. So once the works start I'll do some sort of restoration diary on here.

In the meantime. I'm looking for a second one to build in to a track / racer. Get it Log Booked and then start developing it. Also on the look out for a set of the JDM BBS 16's if you know of any.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:20 AM

I've also got one

Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by AntGPW
Not at the moment, its a 99 about 50k on the clock. Imported it from JP in 2005 and it need some titivating. it was originally owned by Honda JP and displayed in a showroom, kindly they added a hood with a glass screen and a couple of other little bits. Then bought by Spoon Jp and I bought it from them. Came to me with about 5k on the clock.

Unfortunately its picked up some small dents and dings over the last few years, so had been toying with the idea of turning it in to a track day toy. But now just the practical enjoyment has got the better of me and I'm going to give it a full restoration to original condition. Then keep it to hopefully pass on to my kids etc. So once the works start I'll do some sort of restoration diary on here.

In the meantime. I'm looking for a second one to build in to a track / racer. Get it Log Booked and then start developing it. Also on the look out for a set of the JDM BBS 16's if you know of any.
Wow sounds like a little gem you have there mate, a keeper for sure!
There is a set of the OEM BBS wheels for sale on here, i think loftust is selling them.
I also have a set of BBS RGRs 17'' for sale if interested.

Originally Posted by M1TT J
I've also got one

Nice mate, i thought i was the only one haha
Old 07-21-2011, 05:04 PM

Not GPW (Audi Ibis White) but here's mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62764305@N02/5794307635/
Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Looks good mate
Old 07-29-2011, 09:00 AM

Well the car is going from this:

(test fitted)

And both will be coming back GPW in a week or so

Next dilemma is do i get an OEM spoiler for the boot or not??

And im going to source some AP2 side spats also i think, and the black exhaust surround on the AP1, im also going to get that done in GPW, although i may go for a UK spec part as it has the the fog light fitted unlike the JDM version.

Also picked this up the other day from a fellow member of this site.

Should do well. And at the same time as i get that fitted, i will be getting a Toda TCT fitted, valve clearances checked, oil filter change, so should be sounding and running sweet by this point

Then next on the agenda is exhaust manifold, system, decat/hfc and coilovers along with some OEM S2000 wheels (not sure which year yet)

My friend has sourced me a Mugen twin loop exhaust, 2nd hand however its going to cost about £1200..... alot of money, but my understanding is they are about £1600 new?

Would really like the Toda dolphin tail twin exit though, think they are about £1400 although i heard they are discontinued?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 AM

Well soured an Mugen exhaust manifold from a member on here, so im off to the bank to pay for that shortly

And my mate has sourced me a Mugen exhaust system so those 2 together should go nicely
Old 08-01-2011, 04:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid a grand for my near new 2nd hand ap2 Mugen cat back so maybe 1200 is a bit steep?

My mate has a toda dolphin dual he might just want to get rid of for the right price... let me know
Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by WinFreak
I paid a grand for my near new 2nd hand ap2 Mugen cat back so maybe 1200 is a bit steep?

My mate has a toda dolphin dual he might just want to get rid of for the right price... let me know

Yeah it did cross my mind, to be abit expensive, but are they not like £1700 new?

Ah i love the Toda dolphin tail!!! PM me a price if hes willing to sell please mate, soon as would be better so i dont buy anything else
Old 08-01-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've forwarded it on to him, lets see what he says

Quick Reply: My JDM Type V VGS S2000