UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My jouney to work... an unusual one

Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

You are lucky living down there although it must be one hell of a commute in the summer, I holiday down in Wareham and it gets pretty bad through there. I travel by speed boat through the harbour and it's beatifull through there past the chain ferry and onto Studland Bay.

Can't imagine what you do at Corfe Castle though!

John
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I help the oil keep fowing out the ground but you prob won't spot us

You have just outdone me on the speed boat bit though

Yep summer is a total nightmare, although the GF lives in Corfe itself so I part time it between there and Bmth.

It drives me mad that everyone decides to leave the beach at Swanage at 4-5pm

They should boot tourists out by 4

There is pretty much one road in and out of Corfe and it can take an hour and a half to get to Bmth - 20 miles
Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB,Nov 7 2007, 11:22 AM
I help the oil keep fowing out the ground but you prob won't spot us

You have just outdone me on the speed boat bit though

Yep summer is a total nightmare, although the GF lives in Corfe itself so I part time it between there and Bmth.

It drives me mad that everyone decides to leave the beach at Swanage at 4-5pm

They should boot tourists out by 4

There is pretty much one road in and out of Corfe and it can take an hour and a half to get to Bmth - 20 miles
Know it all very well down there, roads and sea I holiday there almost every year.

I took a tour around the back of the Harbour this summer in the boat, nearly ran aground at one stage as its very shallow, the oil industry is very well hidden there on the islands, I was told it's the largest inland reserve we have.

Anyway as I said you are very lucky to live down there, the harbour and surrounding area is fantastic, there is such a good mix of sea conditions etc to suit all.

John
Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He he been a while since a posted..............still nice to see some classic threads going on! ;-)

Just for the record we refer to the disabled toilet at work as the "executive toilet" ..............The others are just too small to open the broadsheets in!

Edd