UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

MY2002 Official CD/MD combo player!!!

Old 10-16-2001, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by NEED4SPEED
Anyway - a lot of people are saying that Honda change the head units for different markets but in the case of the S2K - they have kept them the same for all markets and I can safely assume that we will be getting the CD/MD combo!
No there is not one standard head unit for all markets. There were three types for MY2000. The US have CD where we have tape. There is also a difference in radio tuning frequencies. The Japanese market already had a whole list of audio options, including the navigation system. Until I've seen the new model, I would be sceptical that it is a MD and CD player. I think it's more likely to be a head unit which can drive a MD or CD changer.

Oh, also the system is not made by Bose. That is misleading information on the Honda UK web site, which they still haven't changed after two years.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:00 PM

Personally I think I am getting a CD player like wot the US had last year but with tweeters in the doors.
I wait to be proved wrong
Old 10-16-2001, 03:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2000 JDM model came with a Honda badged tape deck, no CD no MD. I put in the Honda MD multi-changer (went in the secret compartment) which was a great improvement. The sound still sucked though, so I was going to change the speakers also....
Old 10-16-2001, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by NEED4SPEED
Cool - so the 2002 model will definitely have the MD/CD player - I feel sorry for the people who bought it earlier!

Haha!!!!

I'm putting in mu order next month!!!!!
Whats the big deal with all the headunit stuff?!

The stock headunits are never that good anyway - whether they are MD/CD/tape/ vinyl ( ) - whatever they come with.........after market units are far better.

(Just a post for all you without a MY2002 on order.......keep these suckers in line)
Old 10-16-2001, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by stevenleith

Whats the big deal with all the headunit stuff?!

The stock headunits are never that good anyway - whether they are MD/CD/tape/ vinyl ( ) - whatever they come with.........after market units are far better.

(Just a post for all you without a MY2002 on order.......keep these suckers in line)
The problem is, if you change the head unit from the stock one, it is difficult to get the dash controls to work on the new head unit...
Old 10-17-2001, 12:41 AM

Originally posted by tokyo_james

The problem is, if you change the head unit from the stock one, it is difficult to get the dash controls to work on the new head unit...
Pretty easy in my case, I love Alpine head units anyway so when I found out they did an interface to link the S2000 dash controls to their kit it made up my mind PDQ
Old 10-20-2001, 12:31 PM

This seals it! When my dealer said that the '02 model would come with a CD/MD unit, I just thought he was talking out of his arse as usual - I mean who would have thought!!!! Fantastic news indeed.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:06 PM

... and Automodena have confirmed that our cars also have it as standard.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:20 AM

Ignoring the Nav screen this could very well be the new CD-MD combo player.

I must admit I was sceptical but there you go!

Toyko-James may be able to fill us in on what/where the extra hardware for the Nav screen is (e.g. extra data CD player) and confirm I'm not barking up the wrong tree with this pic. (its from a 2002 JDM Type-V)
Old 10-29-2001, 08:25 AM

Lets just hope you don't have to have the all red interior!

I wonder how long you would keep the toe rags out of your car with all that display visable

Quick Reply: MY2002 Official CD/MD combo player!!!