UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New brake pads.......

Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brake pads.......

I have done a quick search on brake pads and got swamped with replies so I thought it would be easier to just ask.

I need new pads all round, It was mentioned at my last MOT that they will need changing in the near-ish future and although I didn't trust Honda's evaluation, I got Kwik-fit to confirm while they were repairing a puncture for me. Anyway, other than Kwik-fit, where can I get all 4 changed? ( am useless and wouldn't attempt myself, plus I'd get dirty!) and what could I expect to pay for supply and fit all 4 pads? Am I right in assuming front pads different to the rear? I don't do track days so normal road use only. I am in Surrey.

Thanks

Steve
Old 03-30-2012, 12:34 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

It's an incredibly easy job - I, like you am useless and don't like getting dirty, but I can do it.

This means that there's no reason not to use Kwik-Fit for it - I think they do some sort of lifetime replacement deal too and I know one or two people here use them successfully.

You shouldn't pay for more than an hour's labour. Honda pads are about £140 all round, so after market ones would be a fair bit less.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
It's an incredibly easy job - I, like you am useless and don't like getting dirty, but I can do it.

This means that there's no reason not to use Kwik-Fit for it - I think they do some sort of lifetime replacement deal too and I know one or two people here use them successfully.

You shouldn't pay for more than an hour's labour. Honda pads are about £140 all round, so after market ones would be a fair bit less.

Cheers for that. They are they easier option for me as they are at the top of my road but I was a little worried about the quality of the pads they would use.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Toully
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1333096494' post='21558810

Cheers for that. They are they easier option for me as they are at the top of my road but I was a little worried about the quality of the pads they would use.
If you just want pads for normal road use then theres no reason not to use Kwik Fit, I have had front and back done at about £70 each end and have had the fronts replaced again at no cost, so as LG said about the same price as Honda but you never have to pay for them again.

Edit- Honda bumped the price they charge for pads up massivly last year so LG's price would be plus labour so about another £70 on top.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 AM

Thanks to all for the advice. Off to Kwik-Fit I go then!

Cheers.

Steve
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 AM

Off to Kwik-Fit I go then!
You don't hear that very often
Old 03-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wobbly
Originally Posted by Toully' timestamp='1333099835' post='21558856
Off to Kwik-Fit I go then!
You don't hear that very often

Yeah, I feel like I am committing a crime!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 AM

£148.65 for all four, inc fitting. Happy with that!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:55 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Good value, happy to have been of help
Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

£148.65 for all four, inc fitting. Happy with that!
Excelent! I don't know why so meny people have a downer on Kwik-Fit, what they do they generally do well and at a good price, I wouldn't trust them to do a full geo, but thats not what they are there for.

Quick Reply: New brake pads.......