UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New member intro / What's new

Old 12-03-2015, 09:40 PM

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveUK
Hi Ben. After way too long searching I finally found the part number for the vtec solenoid filter: 15825-PCX-015. I actually found the gasket for the triangular bit straight away from ballade sports in US, it doesn't look like you can get those OEM though, you'd have to buy a whole new solenoid as far as I can tell. I'll order that tonight. Thanks again. Over the weekend I'll take some photos of what we used to press out/in the compliance bushes.
I got a new filter/seal from TTS Performance as part of a supercharger kit. Maybe they know where to get one. It was Honda OEM too.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd love to know where Edd got his from (both seals for about £20 iirc) - the only source I knew was the Ballade one and that's only been a recent introduction.

Swap you my K&N FIPK for your PRM ?
Old 12-04-2015, 03:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SammyPT
Do you have the cat installed? It does affect the sound.
Yeah I've got the OEM cat. I was thinking about getting a HFC to reduce drone, but I'll see what it's like when it's fully bedded in first. My first drive with new exhaust gave me a headache. I've got used to it now though. My mum's first ride in it a few days ago gave her a headache too. Maybe it drones quite bad at city speeds . Roof down the droning doesn't sound so bad.

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
Swap you my K&N FIPK for your PRM ?
I don't know what to do with my PRM yet. Am I right in thinking that the K&N sounds pretty much the same as the oem box without the lid?

I'm also buying a new PCV valve to go along with the new solenoid filter. I read that it's a service item, and it's possible it's slightly bunged up like the TB was. Inside the intake manifold before I cleaned it with carb cleaner was really oily. That could have come from the vent, the pcv, or probably both.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:28 AM

My VTEC induction got quieter when I fitted a Secondary Air Injection delete kit - I know that the drive-by-wires have a different set up though so a delete might not be possible on yours.

I bought the car with the K&N so have no idea what it sounds like with the airbox (with or without lid)
Old 12-04-2015, 05:47 AM

Mine is a cable throttle still. I don't really want to remove that pump. Once I start doing things like that, I'll start doing other things and get carried away. I'll definitely do that if I ever get a project s2000, but I want to keep this basically stock, just make it sound better (imo). Which is why I'm not getting a test pipe even though that will eliminate drone. Because then I'll have to get an aftermarket ecu to make A/F safe, and then I may as well get headers to make better use of the ecu.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:58 AM

Oh yeah one thing I thought I'd add. Since fitting the exhaust, my MPG has increased to 22 from 18. I think that's down to me not randomly flooring it to get the induction noise. I also started using Tesco ultimate fuel instead of shell VPower nitro+ (jeez what a long name). I don't know if that also helped, or perhaps hindered.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:19 AM

lol, are you sure you're not on the slippery "minor mods" slope anyway ? All I can say is I'm pleased I've not got a later dash that tells me my MPG - I've never bothered to work mine out but always assumed it's around the 22-24 mark (VTEC smiles dependent of course)

"It's only a wafer-thin delete kit, sir..." http://deltalima-s2000.nl/handleidin...elete-english/
Old 12-04-2015, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Install the silencer, problem solved.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SammyPT
Install the silencer, problem solved.
Next time I have to drive my mum with the roof up I will. I don't want to give her another headache. tbh I like the drone, except when it gets insanely loud, which is only occasionally.

I'm not on the slippery slope I hope. most of the things I've done were to fix it up. Now that it sounds how I want, I'm (hopefully) done with the mods. Unless things break, in which case it might make sense to upgrade.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a dual Spoon, decat, shaved trunk, didn't find it loud. In fact I wanted it to be more loud.

Sure it is if you go on a trip lol but I guess every exhaust is.

IMO the J's is the best sounding exhaust there is still and I will buy one.

Also, try not to shift pass 3k? My exhaust got louder after that lol

Quick Reply: New member intro / What's new