UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New rear tyres

Old 08-21-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rear tyres

got me a new set of boots this morning. the fronts were replaced in May sometime however it was time to replace the rears today. good quick service. and i thought
Old 08-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

You finished work in soho at 4am what is your job?
Old 08-22-2004, 01:00 AM

He works for me
Old 08-22-2004, 01:12 AM

Putney

I think you have a problem with your keyboard. The 'shift' key seems to be stuffed. Only seems to have worked three times.

Hope your luck holds. Police and tyre pressure wise.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:20 AM

It must be fairly difficult to guage the speed of an oncoming car, especially in poor light. That coupled with the fact that the bobbies would have had quite a job stopping, turning, and then catching up with you, and the fact that the roads were quiet anyway probably saved you from being pulled.

What scares me is doing those speeds in poor light in the countryside - I used to have great high speed cruises in the highlands at 10 pm or so on deserted fast roads.

Then I hit a deer ................

If I am forced to drive at night nowadays where there might be animals (which I avoid if at all possible) I generally sit at c 50 mph or even less. Might have just enough time to brake or swerve...

Red deer + Saab 9-5 =
Old 08-22-2004, 09:00 AM
GSi

of course sheep are softer with all that wool
Old 08-22-2004, 11:58 AM

Anyone else notice the trees are starting to go brown and the nuts and berries are out. not long now before summer is over!and we are into the wet months again. make the most of the next few weeks as i think the weather will start to turn colder and wetter!

i don't use capital letters in forums! i can't be bothered! + i am crap at spelling.

i work for sky tv most of the time as a transmission controller. i basically transmit tv channels. i do men and motors a fair bit. however thats is in west london. i think my transmission days are numbered. i have started up my own company for doing video tape editing on final cut pro. going to do dvd work. as i do shift work ie 5 days on and 5 off. i work at my half brothers edit suite on my off days. thats how i fund my toys! over the next year or so i hope to phase out the tx work and just do freelance tx and spend most of the time editing. tonight i am editing and doing tx!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:18 PM

The most they could have done is pull you for chat, to get a speed reading from a car they need to follow you for a time to get a distance/ time speed calculation.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:31 AM

Alright Iain, speeding again.... tut tut lol.

You'll be fine on the police thing they were behind other cars so wouldn't have seen you till it was too late, add to that the dazzle from the lights and they probably couldn't have read the number plate. If they'd wanted to they would have turned round and caught up and then done you but they were probably on their way somewhere else and weren't bothered as long as you weren't driving too much like an idiot

keep an eye on those pressures in future
Old 08-23-2004, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Putney,Aug 22 2004, 07:58 PM
make the most of the next few weeks as i think the weather will start to turn colder and wetter!
Is that possible

Quick Reply: New rear tyres