UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NEW UK Users Say Hello Here!

Old 01-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Le8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Luke.

Can't imagine how much your insurance costs.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LukeC93
Hi all, another newbie here!
My names Luke and I'm from High Wycombe in Bucks.
Ever since I was 16 I've wanted an s2000, on 27th January I turned 21 so thought I'd buy myself a birthday present, so here it is! My 05 s2000 1 owner from new 39,000 miles
I've seen quite a few s2000's locally leading up to purchasing mine, maybe it's some of you lot I've seen? Hoping to hit as many shows as possible when the weather gets better
Oh and I can't upload photos from my phone but I'll edit this and put one up when I get on my laptop
Ahhhh welcome, a fellow 21 year old! Except your younger than me!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Hi there,

I'm Matthew, 19 yo, from Aberdeen and just bought my 07 Moonrock S2000 GT this weekend. It's my second car (first being a focus, so quite an upgrade!)and over the moon with it. Never got much time to drive it this weekend due to the terrible weather, but hopefully make the journey to work slightly less gruelling when sunny! Can't wait until the weekend to have another aimless drive about, and hopefully get some pictures up!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all newbies....

im new to the s2k scene. Had mine about a week. :-)

Black 07 GT. FHSH 77k 2 owners.

In Hampshire.

Just did some service work on it this weekend.

Disks & pads
gearbox oil
diff fluid
rad fluid
eibachs
typhoon kit
spark plugs

rides better than standard :-)
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM

Hello!

I'm Dan. I've already posted on this forum a few times but i've only just noticed this thread for newbies so thought I'd say Hi.
I picked up my first s2000 last saturday. It's a 2003, Silver GT, completely standard with 40k on the clock.
Went out for my first 'proper' drive yesterday and was very impressed with it. Feels very solid, comfortable and of course quick.

It's been into the Honda dealer for a full service and inspection and any items that flagged up will be replaced within the next two weeks.

Today the sun came out for the first time in a while so I took the opportunity to pull the hard top of and spray the soft top with a hose to check for leaks. None found
I figured since the roof was off I might as well go for a quick cruise with the top down, lol. Loads of fun, and i'm sure I had a huge grin on my face the whole time.
When I was looking for the car I was very focused on the hard top and never really thought much about using it as a convertible but it only takes a few minutes with the top down to see what all the fuss is about.

Previously owned a Clio 172 which sold over the weekend. Can't say i'm going to miss it.

Looking forward to many fun drives ahead.

[attachment=53171:s2000.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails NEW UK Users Say Hello Here!-s2000.jpg  
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Hi Dan... picked mine up the same day and just noticed this newbies thred also.... hi and hello. Owned a clio tce 163bhp before the s2k....
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Hi Dan... picked mine up the same day and just noticed this newbies thred also.... hi and hello. Owned a clio tce 163bhp before the s2k....
Hello. Really like the s2000 in black, good choice!
Have you been out in yours much? I use mine as a daily to work and back but it's been pretty miserable weather this week so this weekend has been the first time I've really had a chance to open it up a bit.

I would guess you don't plan to return to Renault any time soon either? lol. I didn't have a great experience with mine to be honest, although I would admit they are fun little cars with lots of go.
Do you plan on attending any of the s2ki meets? If so, might just see you there.

Dan
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM

Hay Dan.

Mines a daily driver too. :-) drive it everyday. Not had the hard top off yet though cant wait for the warmer weather. Would like to get to an s2k meet if I hear of ine fairly local. I do like jap cars and bikes I have a kawasaki ninja 636 also. No rush to go back to french but they do make good handling go kart style cars. 106, clio, etc.

I wanted a dark silver all red interior one but when I saw the black one I took a likimg to it so thats that really :-) yours looks like a good example too.

Im looking to keep mine fairly standard maybe change one or 2 small things but I think as a total package it awsome as standard :-)
Old 02-02-2014, 11:32 AM

Also love jap cars. Have owned a 96 Toyota MR2 and 93 Mazda RX-7. Felt like I needed a S2K to complete the bunch.
The Toyota was fun to drive but imo very unpredictable and sometimes scary. The RX-7 was probably my favourite car, so smooth, great noise and ever so forgiving but even with short runs it burned so much fuel I could not afford to use it as a daily. The S2K really is the best of both worlds, quite calm and sensible for the daily commute but plenty of power/noise when you want some fun.

Also lucky enough to own a CBR600RR, although I don't get out on it all that often. I fear with the s2k summer, it may be even less.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 AM

Dan

thats a cool history!

Cant beat a bike on a summers day though Dan.... sticky rear tyre..... warm sun shine..... you know what I mean :-)

S2k has many bases covered :-)

Be good to catch up if see you at a meet sometime.

Quick Reply: NEW UK Users Say Hello Here!