UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NEW UK Users Say Hello Here!

Old 02-29-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gav!

There are a few of us around - drop me a PM if you'd like to come along to a pub and meet some of the locals
Old 03-02-2016, 06:31 AM

Hi all,
After several years of wanting to try out an S2000 I've finally bought an 06 plate example in Nurburgring Blue with circa 58,000 on the clock.

I'm Hoping to get to know and love these cars with the help of this forum!

I am based in the Warwickshire area.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:14 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by octane83
Hi all,
After several years of wanting to try out an S2000 I've finally bought an 06 plate example in Nurburgring Blue with circa 58,000 on the clock.

I'm Hoping to get to know and love these cars with the help of this forum!

I am based in the Warwickshire area.
You are going to have to change your name to Octaine98

and welcome all newbies!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:43 PM

Hey new to the forum had my s2000 about 9 months now its silverstone silver with red/black interior , i bought it with few little mods like k&n induction kit and mugen/jasma exhaust, it had its engine replaced at 110k due to the retainers failing i was told so i now have an engine that has done 77k out of a 2002 and mileage correction done on the tacho by the last owner .

since i bought it i have removed the mugen exhaust and fitted a single exit custom exhaust from pipeworks in burscough , also replaced the bottom bushes on the lower front arms due to seized alignment bolts (coated the buggers in copper grease this time) and then also fitted some lowering springs from apex , eventually going to get a set of meister coilovers as ive used these on mx5's alot and i am impressed with them.

well that's it for now but hopefully see a few people on one of the meets one day ..... did i say i have a towbar on it
Old 03-06-2016, 12:36 PM

Hello all, new to the world of S2000's however not to Honda having previously owned both a DC5 and a DC2.

I've had my '07 Moonrock GT for just under a month now and I'm really enjoying the change in driving dynamic to the DC5. I've plans for a few modest mods however nothing groundbreaking!
Old 03-07-2016, 01:51 PM

Hi There,

Seriously considering buying one, so coming to the forum for a look around to pick up some tips and hints about what to look for, traps to avoid and so forth.

Finding a lot of good stuff and will probably join the club as well.

Think I would prefer the later models and looking at the Royal Blue/Black or the Black/Red trim.

Do have a lot of engineering experience and a well-equipped workshop and currently renovating my 1989 water-cooled VW van, so will hopefully soon be the proud owner of a camper van and an S2000. Rather an odd combination.

Not done any sporty driving since I used to rally across the Australian outback about thirty years ago, but looking forward to having a car that accelerates again. :-)
Old 03-08-2016, 01:50 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Should probably have posted on here earlier!

After much M3 and Cayman umming and ahhing I decided on an S2000 last spring to replace my daily Renault Sport habit; I have a highly modified silly fast classic Impreza wagon so daily has to be RWD and NA. Decided on a facelift Moonrock car and it took me until the end of August to find one that ticked my boxes and ended up buying an AutoTrader car that was also advertised on here. Can't find the ad though

64k, rear suspension is seized (but seized in the right place), it has seen some paint (overspray around the rear arches and springs) and the front has been blasted over but the twonks left the plate in place so needs doing again, lights need a dehaze too but all in all it's very clean for a ten year old car.

A few bits and pieces changed so far; valve clearance done, Jack Smith roof, small front plate, de-badged, smoked side repeaters and replaced the broken stereo and upgraded the speakers. Accidently bought a Invidia Q300, Cusco brake stopper, heat shield and J's engine damper which have all been fitted...currently sorting the interior -will create a new thread for that- just have decat and AEM CAI to fit and then off to see Romain for a remap
Old 03-10-2016, 01:51 AM

Hey just joined this site I though I'd say hello first! Not an S2000 owner yet but I will be in the upcoming months when I've found the right one!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

New user in Bristol here, hello all!

Picked up a 2004 60,000 CAT D for an absolute bargain not so long ago after looking for over a year. Given her some TLC and so far no issues. Took a chance and got lucky I think. Chassis completely straight and wheels all almost aligned (can't actually align them yet as almost all of the bolts are seized...). I know a lot of you are anti-CAT-D cars, but everything's okay and I saved a lot of money, so I'm happy.

Done so far:
Full service with all fluids changed
Brakes referbed and painted + new DS2500 pads
Droplinks replaced
Tyres replaced for OEM bridgstones
Wheels painted black (test to see if I should get black or silver Enkei RPF1's, definitely going with black)
Tegiwa torque damped
Larger rear window
Milltek CAT back exhaust (managed to get my hands on the one from "Westy's progress thread after he sold the car)

Sorry, got a bit into it then... haha just glad to be behind the wheel of my dream car! Looking forward to draining all of your heads of knowledge
Attached Thumbnails NEW UK Users Say Hello Here!-pic1.jpg  
Old 04-05-2016, 02:39 PM

Hi New owner here Chelmsford Essex.

My first Japanese car ever after lots of years ! but not new to rwd sportscars after various Lotus and BMW over the years.

2009 Berlina Black is my new car, Totally standard.

Ive had the uk exhaust mod carried out today and am now researching upgrading the audio system.

one quick question should the audio controls by the start button light up at night? mine don't so am assuming a bulb has gone

Ive joined s2000uk owners club and will hopefully meet a few of you at Donnington Classic

Quick Reply: NEW UK Users Say Hello Here!