UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Newcastle based S2000's?

Old 04-03-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newcastle based S2000's?

Morning all,

I have a thread up in General about me being fat and fitting in a S2000 - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...dering-an-s2k/

I was wondering if anyone in the Newcastle area would be happy for me to try sitting in their drivers seat for a minute? I do not wish to drive the car more just see if I can fit in one yet and close the door etc.

If I cannot fit/uncomfortable then I will try again in a few months time as my weight loss continues. I would goto a dealer's (not messing a private sale around) but their appears to be none for sale via trade in the North east at the moment.

Anyone able to help me out?

Cheers,

Rob
Old 04-03-2014, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by RobS101
Morning all,

I have a thread up in General about me being fat and fitting in a S2000 - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...dering-an-s2k/

I was wondering if anyone in the Newcastle area would be happy for me to try sitting in their drivers seat for a minute? I do not wish to drive the car more just see if I can fit in one yet and close the door etc.

If I cannot fit/uncomfortable then I will try again in a few months time as my weight loss continues. I would goto a dealer's (not messing a private sale around) but their appears to be none for sale via trade in the North east at the moment.

Anyone able to help me out?

Cheers,

Rob
I live in West Allotment if that is close enough for you
Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 AM

Michael, that would probably not be too far for me to come, thank you for the offer. When would be most suitable for you and we can work something out, cheers.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 AM

Michael, that would probably not be too far for me to come, thank you for the offer. When would be most suitable for you and we can work something out, cheers.
I have nowt planned this or next weekend. And I am usually home from 5:30pm during the week.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelParkinson
Originally Posted by RobS101' timestamp='1396531459' post='23095113
I have nowt planned this or next weekend. And I am usually home from 5:30pm during the week.
Thanks Michael, I will see what the wife has planned for me this weekend and see how I am then give you a message if I am going to be free, if not I will pop over one night next week if that would be okay?
Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelParkinson' timestamp='1396533224' post='23095158
[quote name='RobS101' timestamp='1396531459' post='23095113']
Thanks Michael, I will see what the wife has planned for me this weekend and see how I am then give you a message if I am going to be free, if not I will pop over one night next week if that would be okay?
[/quote]

Hi, I'm fine with that. Just for info, it's a '56 reg. But like women, they are all the same on the inside!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If its got the latest seats with no holes in the headrests then they're slightly higher than the older ones.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by WinFreak
If its got the latest seats with no holes in the headrests then they're slightly higher than the older ones.
I stand corrected
Old 04-04-2014, 03:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not much, but it might just make it a bit easier to fit.

Can of course fit the lower seat rails to it and/or modify the seat base itself to make it lower.

Also the early door cards are flatter than the facelift ones which might give a bit more leg room.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by WinFreak
It's not much, but it might just make it a bit easier to fit.

Can of course fit the lower seat rails to it and/or modify the seat base itself to make it lower.

Also the early door cards are flatter than the facelift ones which might give a bit more leg room.
Jesus, you'll be telling me they have different bumpers and headlights next!

Quick Reply: Newcastle based S2000's?