UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No Clock! - Who Cares?

Old 04-05-2002, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
I personally don't give 2 hoots that my car does not possess a clock - I mean when you're behind the wheel of the S2k, who cares that you don't know what the time is?

Exactly
And my fuel gauge seems to work
Old 04-05-2002, 08:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikerich
[B]
Exactly
Old 04-05-2002, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mikerich
And my fuel gauge seems to work
Oh mu gauge WORKS Ok; it's just that when it's cold (say, in the mornings) it tells me I have a lot less fuel than I had the night before when it was warm
Old 04-05-2002, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by PWE 896
Oh mu gauge WORKS Ok; it's just that when it's cold (say, in the mornings) it tells me I have a lot less fuel than I had the night before when it was warm
Do you park on a slope? I park mine nose up, which causes the level to drop two bars, if it's under half full. The confusing thing is that it appears to be an average level. So from ignition on, it takes between five and ten miles for the level to balance out again.
Old 04-05-2002, 10:44 AM

Yes I do park nose up on a slope. I never thought of that; I always assumed it was temperature related. For example, I could come home in the winter with a tank showing 1/3rd full and then on the way to work next morning I'd have "no bars" and a low-fuel warning light on. Then at lunchtime I'd be up to quarter full and if I went out and really warmed the engine up, I'd be back to my 1/3rd full again. Hence my setting the B trip meter
Old 04-05-2002, 12:14 PM

i always do the trip meter - but I get a big variation in the fuel consumption depending on driving. I find the fuel gauge accurate at Full and half full - the rest is a bit of a guess.

somebody told me the other day that UK and JDM models have different fuel nozzles - i.e. in UK you can only put unleaded in. I was within an ace of putting a tank of diesel in mine the other week - I wonder what VTEC with diesel would sound like
Old 04-05-2002, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by S2000RJ
Do you park on a slope? I park mine nose up, which causes the level to drop two bars, if it's under half full. The confusing thing is that it appears to be an average level. So from ignition on, it takes between five and ten miles for the level to balance out again.
I said mine works and it seems to. But (and I've not investigated) is it a 'flat' tank? - i.e. more susceptible to slopes than a deep tank? Noticed variations according to ground slope - but not so far temperature. On the level it seems when filling to take what one wd expect.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by PWE 896
as far as I'm concerned the fuel gauge is so bloody unreliable that they could have put a clock where the fuel gauge is
lol i spotted this a bit late in the thread so sorry for backtracking but the fuel guage on the S makes me smile!!! no other car have i owned where i would have 3 bars left on the fuel guage when i park on the drive for the night and have the empty light on in the morning!! talking of which...i have yet to figure out exactly when the empty light is meant to come on....it changes with every tank full!!
Old 04-06-2002, 12:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000GT
[B]

lol i spotted this a bit late in the thread so sorry for backtracking but the fuel guage on the S makes me smile!!! no other car have i owned where i would have 3 bars left on the fuel guage when i park on the drive for the night and have the empty light on in the morning!!
Old 04-06-2002, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by S2000RJ
Let me guess, you park on a slope, pointing uphill?
lol CHEAT CHEAT!!!! you knew that already from my other thread!!!
hehehe

Quick Reply: No Clock! - Who Cares?