UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No Locking Wheel Nuts?

Old 05-09-2001, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup..i bought my S2000 in Paris, and it didnt come with any locking nuts...and i saw a previous post, i think in here, that when you import an s2000 from europe, you have to get locking nuts to make it UK spec.

My car is usually garaged, but im often in London, and on the odd occasion I have to park in the street...anyone know the easiest, minimal hassle way to get hold of 4 locking wheel nuts and the key for these?

Oh yes, and incidentally, whilst in London this last weekend, I saw 2 silver s2000s within minutes of each other in central london...i started thinking i was driving a common car! One was parked precariously in the road opposite the millenium wheel (nice reg...S2000TT i think), the other was on the road heading into the Rotherhithe tunnel...any takers?
Old 05-09-2001, 02:08 PM

you can get after market lock nuts but personally I would go for the Honda nuts part number HO8W42S1A600 they come with the lock key and code if you loose the key,they match the existing wheel nuts also,price,I paid
Old 05-09-2001, 05:17 PM
tnt

Hi PariS2K,

Common car? No way.

I have had my S2k for over a month and I haven't seen another S2K.

Take last weekend.

I visited my brother in Hampshire. On the drive back to Kent, via Reading, Maidenhead, Central London, Tunbridge Wells, Rye and Folkestone (nice day so no excuse for taking the long way back - top down, wind in our hair and not a motorway in sight). Still no other S2K on the road. Loads of Z3s and Boxters but no S2Ks

On the one hand I feel somewhat jealous of those of you who do see other S2Ks. On the other hand I feel sort of pleased that I own a car that you don't see every day.

Smug maybe. Smile on my face when driving my car - absolutely.

Be assured this is not a common car.
Old 05-09-2001, 11:40 PM

Tnt,

I can beat that, I've had mine since Feb and still havn't seen another one!!!

Jason
Old 05-09-2001, 11:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

..........my s2k also came from France, and after a little research (following lots of European dealers promising 'UK spec' cars that weren't quite) I found that 3 items are added to the car by UK dealers - locking wheel nuts, a cat 1 alarm ('UK spec' cars from Europe will only have the immobiliser) and 1 years AA cover. These items need to be factored int any cost comparisons (but it is still massively cheaper to get the car in Europe)

I have mentioned it before on this forum, but it bears repeating because, despite extensive research into importing a car to UK from Europe, it did not see it mentioned anywhere - when you get your car back to UK you need to visit your local Honda dealer with your certificate of conformity, registration document, bill of sale and service book - showing a completed pre-delivery inspection. THe dealer will then be able to apply to Honda UK to have the car warantee registered in UK.

On the subject of s2ks bing common - I have been planning my purchase for 5 months, and I have seen 3 others on the road!
Old 05-10-2001, 01:59 AM

Originally posted by PariS2K
whilst in London this last weekend, I saw 2 silver s2000s within minutes of each other in central london...i started thinking i was driving a common car!
I drive into the City of London every day in my one, and I see on average 2 or 3 a week. Not the same cars on each occasion. Most of them are new, X or Y reg. Silver definately the most common colour.

When I bought mine in 1999 they were very rare. Nowadays, I would still class them as rare, but you will see them. I see more Ferraris in London than S2000s so that can't be bad.
Old 05-10-2001, 03:50 AM

Originally posted by ianl

I have mentioned it before on this forum, but it bears repeating because, despite extensive research into importing a car to UK from Europe, it did not see it mentioned anywhere - when you get your car back to UK you need to visit your local Honda dealer with your certificate of conformity, registration document, bill of sale and service book - showing a completed pre-delivery inspection. THe dealer will then be able to apply to Honda UK to have the car warantee registered in UK.
Ian,

you don't have to go to a dealer you can send them directly to Honda UK (as I did) and they will send you a new UK service book as well as adding your car to their vehicle database which is used by dealers for part information and also means that should there be a recall that covers your vehicle that you will get notified.

Also the Pan European Warranty is not the same as the UK, the UK warranty is 3yr/90K and includes Honda Assistance (AA cover basically) whereas the Eu warranty is 3yr/60K and you are not covered by Honda Assistance (well actually I am in Belgium!!)

Cheers
Old 05-10-2001, 06:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

3 IN MY LITTLE TOWN OF 20,000 PEOPLE!!
Old 05-10-2001, 06:53 AM

12 in Jersey (45 square miles)!
Old 05-10-2001, 07:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jason,

I initially contacted Honda UK and they said that they don't deal with the warantee transfer anymore - they have dumped this responsibility onto the dealers (who I feel very sorry for - they get so little margin on S2k's - and I dare say other Honda's - they cant come close to competing with Europe - 2 very large Honda dealerships have gone bust in my local area over the last 18 months)- so getting them to do the admin. on transfering warantees really is rubbing salt into the wounds. I should point out that Southern Counties Honda (Crawley) couldnt have been more helpful with my transfer.

I am very interested to hear that you got hold of a UK service book, mine, unsuprisingly, is in French. Thanks for the tip, I will persue this. It is something I thought they would be very loath to do (in fact when I was trying to get a sensible price out of a UK dealer they often said that the foreign service book would forever id you car as an import (it is about here my sympathy for the dealers predicament runs dry!)

Quick Reply: No Locking Wheel Nuts?