UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Parrot CK3100 - problems!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parrot CK3100 - problems!

Hi all,

I have the Parrot CK3100 LCD bluetooth car kit and all was working fine...until I put my amp in my S! Now it doesn't work!

My amp's driving my components and sub, the headrest speakers are driven by the HU.

I did my research and found that the kit mutes the rear speakers and passes the call through the front speakers only. I know , creative splicing - I'll swap the connections over so the fronts go to the rears and vice versa. This way the fronts will be muted (which means nothing as they're not connected to anything) and the caller will be played through the rears. Did this and tried it out...

Result is, when there's a call the sound is muted but you cannot hear anything. The caller can hear me but they can also hear an echo of themselves too.
I've checked Parrot's website and it is sh1te!
They advise that it's wired backwards and is sending the caller's voice back to the HU instead of the speakers! How can that be?

My HU is Alpine's iDA-X001 and it works fiine.

Any advice well appreciated.

Many thanks!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Resolved

Cause - being a muppet and splicing the wrong wires!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:48 PM

I have a Parrot and X001 but didn't fit either so couldn't assist - sorry!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:05 AM

I did think of using the Alpine BT add-on (KCE-300BT) instead, but I've heard it's crap whereas the Parrot is EXCELLENT and works a treat until you add an amp, then it gets messy! Hence why I persevered.

I can now hear the caller, the caller no longer hears their own voice and it mutes automatically.

...but it doesn't unmute when the call's finished!

I'll carry on fiddling to see if I can get it to work, otherwise I guess I'll just have to turn the volume back up after call's finished - not exactly a hardship with the dash control!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 AM

Okay, got it all sorted after some more fiddling about! So I'll post up the solution just in case anyone else ever has the same problem...

In the end it was pretty simple!

So for an Alpine HU using Modifry's Plug-n-play harness/DCI and Parrot's Honda wiring adapter where the door speakers are amped but the headrests are still powered by the HU...

The Parrot defaults to mute the rear speakers and uses the fronts for the call. As the fronts are amped and the stock wires go nowhere this needs to be swapped over so the call comes through the headrest speakers. To do this use the Parrot Honda adapter with the black ISOs, it's the wires attached to the male one you need not the female, if you use the wires coming out of the female ISO you will not hear anything but the caller will hear their own voice! It's the bigger of the 2 ISOs that has pins in it...

Cut the Grey, White, Brown & Black wires and splice as follows...

Grey into Blue
White into Green
Brown into Red
Black into Orange

There's no need to cut the Blue, Green, Red & Orange wires, just splice into them.

This will now route the call sound into the rears as well as the fronts. Which in reality means just the rears as the front wires are not connected to anything.
The remaining loose ends of the cut Grey, White, Brown & Black wires can be insulated and left.

The 'Audio Interrupt' (Alpine's hard-wired mute) function is linked to the 'mute' button on the dash controls by the DCI. To tap into this function for the Parrot you need to splice into the relevant wire on Modifry's Plug-n-Play harness. It's the Pink wire that runs from the harness to the DCI...

(Ignore the red arrows, pic stolen from Modifry's website - sorry Bob! )

Splice into this (just splice, do not cut completely) using a suitable piece of wire about a foot long and attach a female bullet connector. This should then be attached to the male bullet connector of the yellow wire on the Parrot Honda adapter spliced earlier...

That's it!!

Now when you make or receive calls, the 'Audio Interrupt' function cuts the sound, the caller is heard through the headrest speakers, then the 'Audio Interrupt' function is cancelled when the call ends.

...Oh, and the dash mute button still works too!

Good luck!