UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Proof in the pudding

Old 02-06-2011, 01:06 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Irvatron,Feb 5 2011, 10:16 PM
and made the car run a little richer thus better for power.
Richer doesn't make more power. Less fuel to air does though, to a point.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Feb 6 2011, 11:06 AM
Richer doesn't make more power. Less fuel to air does though, to a point.
It does when it's running in the 14's in Wot, this electric sc dropped it into high 13s. Stupid lean is worse for power.

No I wasn't drinking .

Looks good ox about rotrex.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you think that was due to it confusing the MAF sensor?

Might have been MAP based, if so my comment isn't relevant.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless the model aeroplane is 4 stroke it won't work on that either. I do find it funny when people with R/C engines which are 2 stroke put super chargers on them, I mean its completely stupid...when you have your intake stroke your exhaust ports are open for scavenging, any excess air is going to be used to scavenge the cylinder!

They do absolutely bugger all!

I do love my R/C cars though, tiny little .21cc nitro engine, 2 stroke, but the car will do 0-40mph in 1.5 secs and then onto 70+mph with its 3 speed auto gearbox and 4WD. Great fun! Bloody expensive when they break though, which is inevitable!

Oh and yeh, electric superchargers from ebay, waste of time!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 AM

I think it was disrupting the airflow, TBH not sure if it was MAP or MAF.

Gbduo, I'd love an RC nitro car, but I'd only play with it for 30mins and it would never get used again, thus wasting £200 .
Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by keith2.2,Feb 6 2011, 02:05 AM
FACT*: If you wire two up, one behind the other in the intake tract, and make the first one spin faster, then you'll create a lovely area of compression, and you've actually then converted the engine to a turbine!

(*not the most accurate of facts...)
Far more fun to weld a fire extinguisher to a turbocharger & make a real jet engine!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gbduo,Feb 6 2011, 03:16 PM
Unless the model aeroplane is 4 stroke it won't work on that either. I do find it funny when people with R/C engines which are 2 stroke put super chargers on them, I mean its completely stupid...when you have your intake stroke your exhaust ports are open for scavenging, any excess air is going to be used to scavenge the cylinder!

They do absolutely bugger all!

I do love my R/C cars though, tiny little .21cc nitro engine, 2 stroke, but the car will do 0-40mph in 1.5 secs and then onto 70+mph with its 3 speed auto gearbox and 4WD. Great fun! Bloody expensive when they break though, which is inevitable!

Oh and yeh, electric superchargers from ebay, waste of time!
People are confused that many superchargers are borrowed from the old Detroit Diesel two-stroke (as in a Jimmy haulin' hogs); they had a conventional wet sump & an exhaust valve.

The Roots TS was similar, but one of the opposed pistons did the exhaust ports & the other the inlet. But those SCs are to replace the inlet stroke, rather than to increase power as such.

IIRC, DD made a 6V-92T with a turbocharger on top on the supercharger!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Irvatron,Feb 6 2011, 07:34 AM
I think it was disrupting the airflow, TBH not sure if it was MAP or MAF.

Gbduo, I'd love an RC nitro car, but I'd only play with it for 30mins and it would never get used again, thus wasting £200 .
Go on ebay, you can pick up the Schumacher Menace or XTr (the two I have with good speed) for less than £100 now...

Then it is just the cost of running them! they are good fun! Better if you have a local racing track though which uses R/C cars but most of them are now using electric cars because of noise regs.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Feb 6 2011, 10:04 AM
People are confused that many superchargers are borrowed from the old Detroit Diesel two-stroke (as in a Jimmy haulin' hogs); they had a conventional wet sump & an exhaust valve.

The Roots TS was similar, but one of the opposed pistons did the exhaust ports & the other the inlet. But those SCs are to replace the inlet stroke, rather than to increase power as such.

IIRC, DD made a 6V-92T with a turbocharger on top on the supercharger!
True, if you have valves in your 2 stroke you will be fine. On the big marine diesels which are 2 strokes they may have over 4 turbochargers

But yeh, normal strimmer 2 strokes and simple 2 strokes ain't gonna work with 'charging!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by gbduo,Feb 6 2011, 07:16 PM
Go on ebay, you can pick up the Schumacher Menace or XTr (the two I have with good speed) for less than £100 now...

Then it is just the cost of running them! they are good fun! Better if you have a local racing track though which uses R/C cars but most of them are now using electric cars because of noise regs.
Don't tell me that mate lol , I'll want one now .

Is that a full kit, nitro car, remote control etc for £100?

Quick Reply: Proof in the pudding