UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

PROPER Ally trim bits for S2??

Old 04-22-2004, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROPER Ally trim bits for S2??

Why oh why don't Honda fit some brushed ally trim to the S2 as standard? It CANNOT be THAT expensive and would soooooo lift the feel of the interior. Ally is a BIG part of the reason why people perceive Audi interiors as being so high quality..... the S2s IS also a well built interior.... but.... plastic ally in the 04? WHY? One thing I REALLY liked about my 04TT3.2 was the coooool interior with lots of proper metal bits and pieces.

COME ON HONDA; let's ave some proper brushed ally trim for the S2. Just think how wicked it would look around the main instrument binnacle and on the stereo flap etc.

Does any outfit out there do replacement fit brushed ally bits for the interior of the S2??

OK, so I've got a bit of a brushed metal fetish - just ordered a Rick's spun titanium knob at $115 fer fecks sake..... Never thought I'd go down the after-market bits and pieces route since I'm usually happy with the standard effort, but a mans knob IS a mans knob after all.

LH
Old 04-22-2004, 11:54 PM

Maybe.
One of the pleasures about cars is the subjectivity and platform they provide for personal customisation.
Mine is an absolutely standard MY00 and I like the leather and charcoal interior just as it is. It suits me perfectly and I would not like brightness inside.
To me, lots of aluminium, whether mill, polished or brushed finish, would just look too kevinesque. I have seen those TT's you mentioned, and they simply seem to be trying too hard to be something different. But then, someone else would then want it different again, when they got their new TT.
It's the old marketing dilemma of being a question about all the people, all the time.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:49 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree with Bigtone.

If one spins five cars off the same platform one needs to try desperately to invent differences.

Ths S2K is a standalone product. I love the minimalism of the early versions.

It is much better to be able to add one's own personalisation, rather than have to strip out pointless trinkets and gewgaws.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Someone is selling a load and has been for ages on the FS forum - jbontym i think it might be you could always buy a new knob and get an 04 door
Old 04-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

yep: here:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=147921

Modulo or something.,
Old 04-23-2004, 01:54 AM

Honda Japan sell a selection of Titanium (real stamped Ti plate) interior trim bits and bobs for pre 04 cars:

I have some photos of them off the car here:

Photo Album

I always though they looked the dog's danglies especially with my official Ti shift knob

Tif

Old 04-23-2004, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Nick Graves
I agree with Bigtone.

If one spins five cars off the same platform one needs to try desperately to invent differences.

Ths S2K is a standalone product. I love the minimalism of the early versions.

It is much better to be able to add one's own personalisation, rather than have to strip out pointless trinkets and gewgaws.

Honda just fitted the minimum of stuff to take it just slightly above "bare bones" and that's the way it should be IMO
Old 04-23-2004, 05:24 AM

All that red interior looks rather like an American rental car!
As I said earlier, it is all entirely and personally subjective.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:38 AM

Does anyone know where to buy that titanium trim that Tifosi posted? I fancy blinging up my interior
Old 08-26-2004, 02:41 AM

All those brushed aluminium bits etc etc just add weight.

Why do you think the TT is so lardy ???????

Quick Reply: PROPER Ally trim bits for S2??