UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ready to buy 11k budget

Old 08-29-2007, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to buy 11k budget

Ok im now ready to buy an S!!
For anyone who remembers my previous post i did get round to test driving the Zm roadster, it was awesome and had buckets of torque and i did love the whole package especially as it was black/black. But (!) the Vanos issue scared the pants of me as its just impossible to spot and costs loads to sort out. I spoke to people and researched on forums and no one gave a clear answer as to how it can be diagnosed as a future problem. Im trying to get away from high maintenance cars whilst maitaining a bit of fun so it didnt win out over the S.

I have put my fiat coop on the trader and have got all the cash together with a set budget. I refuse to get carried away !

So, if anyone on here is selling an S in or around London in my budget send me a message. Im ready to splash my cash.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:40 AM

I drove the M Roadster earlier this year, think it was an 98 S plate with 40k on and i was totally disappointed with it.. was expecting it to be a real handful and to scare the crap out of me when i took it out with my mate but its felt slow. Wonder if it was suffering from the vanos issue? Anyhow, i bought an S just after for
Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend Kiwi's white one in the FS section.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 AM

I did see Kiwis and its tempting but i'm a bit worried about the import thing. He says its still reading KM's on the clock which i didn't think was legal?? I thought the speedos could just be switched with a button? Plus insurance co's can be a bit funny about imports cant they? Not sure its alarmed either. Maybe i should PM him i've got so many questions!!!

Does look great though and with a set of red leathers i think it would look very special!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:31 AM

Nice one Borely.

I think I'm gonna wait till early next year to get my S. There are a few bits n bobs on my coop that need sorting at the mo, but the mx5 will be going soon. I'll be looking at around the same price as you...
but I keep seeing really nice cars online for
Old 08-29-2007, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Borely,Aug 29 2007, 06:31 AM
Does look great though and with a set of red leathers i think it would look very special!
Red leathers...?? Surely you're not thinking of wearing some red biker leathers while driving the S when u get one.. that would look very special indeed..!!

Ps if you are, i've got some nice red and black ones, slightly scuffed from a couple of roudnabout incidents on my previous Fireblade!!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Borely,Aug 29 2007, 03:31 PM
I did see Kiwis and its tempting but i'm a bit worried about the import thing. He says its still reading KM's on the clock which i didn't think was legal?? I thought the speedos could just be switched with a button? Plus insurance co's can be a bit funny about imports cant they? Not sure its alarmed either.
I was suprised, and it's also restricted. But it wouldn't cost much to sort that out, as most importers do it properly. And no you don't get the choice of miles/Kms on a JDM.

Just factor in the cost of that (and possibly a new CAT 1 alarm). But obviously you only get white as an import.

You'd want to get some proper wheels too.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 AM

Ha ha Jim! I'll take those leathers of you if they come with a go faster cod peice! Im just bored of the black leathers i've always had in my previous cars.

Europa, I know exactly what you mean, its the old if i just had a bit more and all sorts of Loan ideas. But, i'de rather not go down that route and im sure i could find a nice example for 11k. Fingers crossed and eyes aswell scouring the trader!!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 AM

Borely,

I have sent you an email, give me a call if you want further detail.

Cheers
Guy.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All,

Well its still for sale.

It has a cobra immobiliser on it, JDM Import not to many worries with insurance companies.

De-restricting and MPH conversion is

Quick Reply: Ready to buy 11k budget