UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rear Fog light switch

Old 09-20-2002, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fog light switch

Hi

I am getting a JDM S2000 and need to fit a rear fog light to get it through the SVA. I was wondering whether I just need to get the rear fog light or whether I needed to get the wires and the switch as well. Can someone tell me where the rear fog light switch is located in the cabin.

Thanks in anticipation
Old 09-20-2002, 01:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Chris, I would pay someone to do the job properly and wire the fog light into your rear light cluster.

Get in touch with a local car importer and get a quote to do the work.

In the past I have imported a couple of cars via mvi-services and they use a guy in Beaconsfield to do the work for them.

I have a radio band expander in my garage if this is any use to you.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:43 AM

I am paying someone to do it. The importer.

What I needed to know was where the rear fog light switch was in the cabin so that I can copy it. I didn't know if it was on the headlight switch or whether it was a completely different switch. (I haven't seen the car yet). If it is a seperate switch I will need to buy one, if it's part of another swicth I probably already have it and it will just need connecting.

There is no need to incorporate the fog light into the rear cluster (like on my FTo) as the UK S2000 fog light just clips on the bottom of the bumper.

According to the guy that has imported the car there is a connector plug in the rear bumper that he suspects is the correct wiring for the rear fog light. He has not looked at the situation anymore yet but I was just pre-empting (spelling) his questions.

Thanks for the offer of the band expaneder, I think the importer already has one, if not I will PM you. Thanks again
Old 09-20-2002, 02:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Chris Mckenna
There is no need to incorporate the fog light into the rear cluster (like on my FTo) as the UK S2000 fog light just clips on the bottom of the bumper.
I also went from an FTO to the S2000, a nice manual GPX. The engine characteristics are very similar to the S2000 but the FTO does sound better. Just be carefull with the S2000 in the wet you can't push as hard as you can in an FTO.

According to the guy that has imported the car there is a connector plug in the rear bumper that he suspects is the correct wiring for the rear fog light. He has not looked at the situation anymore yet but I was just pre-empting (spelling) his questions.
[/B]
Im afraid that I cannot remember the location of the fog light button (left hand side of dash I think) but if the connctor is at the back bumper then the chances are that the other end of the wire will be in the right place to plug in to a switch on the dash.

In production lines it is usually more cost effective to leve the changes between different markets models to a minimum.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by StevenM
[B]
Old 09-20-2002, 02:34 AM

Chris

In order for the car to pass its SVA test it must have a rear fog light fitted. Mine is in the stock position with the switch on the dashboard to the left of the steering column.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:57 AM

Hi Shipley

You have a Jap import don't you!?

Have you got the stock rear fog light switch? How much was it?